The Chicago Cubs (73-88) play the Cincinnati Reds (62-99) on Wednesday at Great American Ball Park, at 4:10 PM ET.
Oddsmakers project the Cubs as a small favorite (-120 moneyline odds to win) against the Reds (-100). The Cubs will start Adrian Sampson (4-5) against the Reds and Graham Ashcraft (5-5). The matchup has an over/under set at 8 total runs.
Cubs vs. Reds Predictions
Cubs vs. Reds Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Cubs vs. Reds Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Chicago has a 3-1 record from the four games it was favored on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Cubs and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total two times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Chicago’s ATS record is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Cincinnati has played as the underdog in nine of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Reds and their opponents are 3-6-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Over its last 10 games, Cincinnati is 5-5-0 against the spread.
Cubs vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Adrian Sampson
- When Sampson starts, the Cubs have gone 9-9-0 against the spread.
- The Cubs have been favored on the moneyline in five of Sampson’s starts this season, and they went 2-3 in those games.
- Sampson’s team is 10-8 in his 18 starts.
- Sampson has had 18 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in four of those matchups.
Projected starter: Graham Ashcraft
- Ashcraft and his team have a record of 10-8-0 against the spread when he starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 8-4.
- Ashcraft’s team is 10-8 when he starts this season.
- Games started by Ashcraft have a 9-7-2 record at hitting the over this season.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ has a team-high 72 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB action, Happ’s home run total ranks 85th and his RBI tally ranks 59th.
- Nico Hoerner’s .280 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Hoerner ranks 189th in home runs and 124th in RBI among batters in MLB play.
- Willson Contreras is hitting .243 with 23 doubles, two triples, 22 home runs and 45 walks.
- Seiya Suzuki is hitting .264 with 22 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 41 walks.
Reds Batting Leaders
- Kyle Farmer is batting .252 with 14 home runs and 78 RBI. All three of those stats are tops among Cincinnati hitters this season.
- Farmer ranks 126th in homers and 41st in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Farmer heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Jonathan India has collected 95 hits this season and has an OBP of .325. He’s slugging .376 on the year.
- India is 189th among batters in the majors in homers, and 206th in RBI.
- Jake Fraley has collected 54 base hits, an OBP of .343 and a slugging percentage of .469 this season.
- Donovan Solano is batting .284 with an OBP of .339 and a slugging percentage of .382 this season.
Where To Watch Cubs vs. Reds
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.