The New York Mets (98-61) have dropped three straight games as they prepare to take on the Washington Nationals (55-104), who have lost two straight. Monday’s matchup at Citi Field starts at 7:10 PM ET.
The Mets are a heavy home favorite (-291) against the Nationals (+240). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the New York Mets looking to Carlos Carrasco (15-7), and Cory Abbott (0-4) answering the bell for the Washington Nationals. The game’s total is 7.5.
Mets vs. Nationals Predictions
Mets vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mets vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York played as the moneyline favorite for nine of its last 10 games, and went 4-5 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Mets combined with their opponents to go over the run total eight times.
- New York’s record against the spread is 3-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- In 11 games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by oddsmakers, Washington has a record of 3-8.
- The Nationals and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times in their last 11 games with a total.
- Washington has won three of its last 11 games against the spread.
Mets vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Carlos Carrasco
- The Mets have gone 17-11-0 against the spread when Carrasco starts.
- The Mets have a 17-7 record in Carrasco’s 24 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Carrasco’s team is 18-10 over his 28 starts.
- Carrasco’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 16 of 28 contests.
Projected starter: Cory Abbott
- Abbott and his team have a record of 4-4-0 against the spread when he starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 1-7.
- In games Abbott has started, his team is 1-7.
- Games started by Abbott have a 3-5-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso paces the Mets in home runs (40) and runs batted in (131).
- Among hitters in MLB play, Alonso ranks third in home runs and first in RBI.
- Alonso has hit safely in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .222 with a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is batting .271 with 24 doubles, five triples, 25 home runs and 59 walks.
- Lindor ranks 40th in homers and sixth in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Brandon Nimmo is batting .267 with 28 doubles, seven triples, 14 home runs and 71 walks.
- Nimmo brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with three walks.
- Jeff McNeil has a club-best .326 batting average.
- McNeil heads into this matchup on an eight-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .395 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Lane Thomas has been key for Washington with 17 home runs, 52 RBI and a batting average of .244 this season.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Thomas is 85th in homers and 135th in RBI.
- Cesar Hernandez leads Washington in batting with a .248 average.
- Among all major league hitters, Hernandez is 415th in homers and 237th in RBI.
- Hernandez brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with a double and two walks.
- Luke Voit leads Washington in home runs (22) and runs batted in (69) this season while batting .230.
- Nelson Cruz is batting .234 with an OBP of .313 and a slugging percentage of .337 this season.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.