Jean Segura is just two hits away from his 100th of the campaign as his Philadelphia Phillies (86-73) face the Houston Astros (104-55) on Monday at 8:10 PM ET.
The Phillies are road underdogs (+109) at the Astros (-128). The Houston Astros will give the start to Lance McCullers Jr. (4-1, 2.38 ERA), who is looking for win No. 5 on the season, and the Phillies will turn to Aaron Nola (10-13, 3.36 ERA). The over/under for the game is set at 7 total runs.
Astros vs. Phillies Predictions
Astros vs. Phillies Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Phillies Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston has a 6-4 record from the 10 games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Astros and their opponents combined to go over the total five times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Houston has put together a 4-6-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Philadelphia has been the underdog twice in the last 10 games and lost both contests.
- In their last 11 games with a total, the Phillies and their opponents have combined to hit the over seven times.
- Philadelphia has six wins against the spread in its last 11 chances.
Astros vs. Phillies Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Lance McCullers Jr.
- When McCullers starts, the Astros have gone 4-3-0 against the spread.
- The Astros have been the moneyline favorite in six of McCullers’ starts this season, and they went 5-1 in those games.
- McCullers’ team has won five of his seven starts.
- McCullers’ team has fallen short of the total in each of his seven starts with a total this season.
Projected starter: Aaron Nola
- Nola and his team are 12-19-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- He has started five games with his team as the moneyline underdog, and lost each time.
- Nola’s team is 14-17 when he starts this season.
- In games Nola has started this season, the teams are 16-15-0 at hitting the over.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez paces the Astros with 37 home runs and has put up a team-best batting average of .301.
- In MLB play, Alvarez ranks sixth in homers and 15th in RBI.
- Alex Bregman is hitting .260 with 38 doubles, 23 home runs and 85 walks.
- Bregman currently ranks 49th in home runs and 22nd in RBI in the bigs.
- Jose Altuve is batting .295 with 37 doubles, 28 home runs and 66 walks.
- Altuve enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .375 with three doubles, two home runs, two walks and two RBI.
- Kyle Tucker’s 104 runs batted in lead his team.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in home runs with 44 and runs batted in with 92.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Schwarber ranks second in homers and 22nd in RBI.
- Schwarber brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .353 with a triple, two home runs, five walks and five RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto is batting .273 with an OBP of .340 and a slugging percentage of .478 this season.
- Realmuto ranks 54th in home runs and 33rd in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Realmuto heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .238 with two doubles, a home run and two RBI.
- Rhys Hoskins is slashing .249/.335/.467 this season for the Phillies.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia with a .281 batting average. He’s also hit 13 homers and has 72 RBI.
- Bohm heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .095 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Phillies
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.