The Wisconsin Badgers (2-3) will play a fellow Big Ten opponent, the Northwestern Wildcats (1-4) in a matchup on Saturday, October 8, 2022 at Ryan Field. The Badgers are considerable favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 9.5 points. An over/under of 44 points has been set for the contest.
Wisconsin vs. Northwestern Predictions
Wisconsin vs. Northwestern Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Wisconsin vs. Northwestern: Last 3 Games
- Over its last three contests, Wisconsin has one win against the spread, and is 1-2 overall.
- Wisconsin has hit the over in each of its past three contests.
- The Badgers have averaged a total of 48.5 combined points in their last three games, 4.5 greater than this game’s over/under of 44.
- Northwestern has covered the spread once, and is 1-2 overall, in its last three games.
- Northwestern’s past three games have not hit the over.
- The Wildcats have averaged a total of 53 combined points in their last three games, nine greater than this game’s over/under of 44.
Wisconsin vs. Northwestern Betting Trends
- Wisconsin has covered the spread in a game two times this season (2-3-0).
- In games they have played as 9.5-point favorites or more, the Badgers have an ATS record of 2-1.
- Wisconsin games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times this season.
- Wisconsin has been the moneyline favorite three total times this season. They’ve gone 1-2 in those games.
- Wisconsin has played as a moneyline favorite of -351 or shorter in only two games this season, and it split 1-1.
- Northwestern has gone 2-3-0 against the spread this season.
- Northwestern has a perfect 2-0 ATS record when playing as at least 9.5-point underdogs.
- Northwestern games have gone over the total once this season.
- Northwestern has split the two games it has played as underdogs this season.
- Northwestern has a record of 1-1 in games where sportsbooks have them as underdogs of at least +276 on the moneyline.
Wisconsin vs. Northwestern: Over/Under Trends
- Wisconsin and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under (44 points) times this season.
- There have been Northwestern games that have ended with a combined score over 44 points this season.
- The Badgers average 29.8 points per game against the Wildcats’ 19.8, amounting to 5.6 points over the game’s point total of 44.
- This matchup’s over/under is 2.8 fewer points than the 46.8 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2022.
- On average, the Badgers have seen a 47.4 over/under in their games this season, 3.4 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 9.6 points fewer than the average over/under in Wildcats’ games this season (53.6 points).
Wisconsin Players to Watch
- Graham Mertz has thrown for 997 yards (199.4 ypg) to lead Wisconsin, completing 63.2% of his passes and collecting eight touchdown passes and five interceptions this season.
- Braelon Allen’s team-high 499 rushing yards (99.8 per game) have come on 81 carries, with six touchdowns this year.
- This season Chez Mellusi has collected 192 yards (38.4 per game) on 46 carries with one touchdown.
- Chimere Dike’s 257 receiving yards (51.4 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s collected 15 receptions and one touchdown.
- Skyler Bell has hauled in 13 passes for 220 yards (44 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Clay Cundiff’s nine catches have netted him 142 yards (28.4 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Northwestern Players to Watch
- Ryan Hilinski leads Northwestern with 1,404 passing yards (280.8 ypg) on 129-of-220 passing with six touchdowns compared to four interceptions this season.
- Evan Hull has carried the ball 96 times for a team-high 415 yards (83 per game), with three touchdowns this year. He has also caught 32 passes for 343 yards (68.6 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Cam Porter has rushed for 184 yards (36.8 per game) on 55 carries with two touchdowns.
- Malik Washington’s team-leading 347 receiving yards (69.4 yards per game) have come on 31 receptions with one touchdown.
- Donny Navarro’s 20 grabs this season have resulted in 162 yards (32.4 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Where To Watch Wisconsin vs. Northwestern
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.