A pair of Sun Belt teams square off when the Troy Trojans (3-2) and the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (2-2) play on Saturday, October 8, 2022 at Veterans Memorial Stadium. The Trojans are favored by 6.5 points. An over/under of 46 points has been set for the outing.
Troy vs. Southern Miss Predictions
Troy vs. Southern Miss Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Troy vs. Southern Miss: Last 3 Games
- In its last three contests, Troy has covered the spread each time, and is 2-1 overall.
- In its past three games, Troy has gone over the total twice.
- The Trojans total over the last three games is 6.8 points more than the 46 over/under given for this matchup.
- Southern Miss is unbeaten against the spread and 2-1 overall in its last three contests.
- In its past three games, Southern Miss has gone over the total twice.
- The Golden Eagles total over the last three games is 3.8 points greater than the 46 over/under listed for this matchup.
Troy vs. Southern Miss Betting Trends
- Troy has covered the spread in a game four times this season (4-1-0).
- The Trojans have not covered the spread (0-1) when they are at least 6.5-point favorites.
- Troy games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times this season.
- Troy has been the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they won.
- Troy has played as a moneyline favorite of -250 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- Southern Miss is 4-0-0 against the spread this year.
- In games it has played as 6.5-point underdogs or more, Southern Miss has a perfect ATS record of 2-0.
- Southern Miss games have gone over the total three times this season.
- Southern Miss has entered the game as an underdog three times this season and won once.
- Southern Miss has a record of 0-0 when it is set as an underdog of +203 or more by sportsbooks this season.
Troy vs. Southern Miss: Over/Under Trends
- Troy and its opponents have combined to exceed Saturday’s over/under of 46 points times this season.
- This season, games Southern Miss played finished with a combined score higher than 46 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 56.5 points per game, 10.5 points more than the total of 46 for this matchup.
- These two teams give up a combined 45.5 points per game, 0.5 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Trojans games is 53.5 points, 7.5 more than the over/under of 46 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 3.9 points fewer than the average over/under in Golden Eagles’ games this season (49.9 points).
Troy Players to Watch
- Gunnar Watson has thrown for 1,451 yards (290.2 ypg) to lead Troy, completing 64.3% of his passes and collecting five touchdown passes and six interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, DK Billingsley, has carried the ball 51 times for 284 yards (56.8 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Kimani Vidal has taken 48 carries for 175 yards (35.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jabre Barber’s 331 receiving yards (66.2 yards per game) lead the team. He has 23 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Tez Johnson has collected 305 receiving yards (61.0 yards per game) and one touchdown, reeling in 14 passes this year.
- Deshon Stoudemire has hauled in 25 catches for 255 yards (51.0 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
Southern Miss Players to Watch
- Zach Wilcke has 503 passing yards (125.8 ypg) to lead Southern Miss, completing 60% of his passes and collecting four touchdown passes and one interception this season. He’s also helped out on the ground with 48 rushing yards (12.0 ypg) on 20 carries.
- The team’s top rusher, Frank Gore Jr., has carried the ball 62 times for 314 yards (78.5 per game), with three touchdowns this year.
- This season Ty Keyes has rushed for 60 yards (15.0 per game) on 13 carries with one touchdown.
- Jakarius Caston’s 262 receiving yards (65.5 yards per game) lead the team. He has 20 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Jason Brownlee has grabbed 11 passes for 225 yards (56.3 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Jalen May’s two grabs this season have resulted in 87 yards (21.8 ypg) and one touchdown.
Where To Watch Troy vs. Southern Miss
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.