The 2022 edition of the Red River Showdown on Saturday, October 8 features the Texas Longhorns (3-2) visiting the Oklahoma Sooners (3-2) at the Cotton Bowl. The Longhorns are favored by 6 points. The over/under is 65 in the contest.
Texas vs. Oklahoma Predictions
Texas vs. Oklahoma Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Texas vs. Oklahoma: Last 3 Games
- Texas has covered the spread twice, and is 2-1 overall, in its past three games.
- In Texas’ past three games, it has hit the over twice.
- The Longhorns have averaged a total of 59.7 combined points in their last three games, 5.3 less than this game’s total of 65.
- Oklahoma has one win against the spread, and is 2-1 overall, in its last three contests.
- In Oklahoma’s past three games, it has gone over the total twice.
- The Sooners have averaged a total of 62.7 combined points over their last three games, 2.3 fewer than this matchup’s total of 65.
Texas vs. Oklahoma Betting Trends
- Texas is 4-1-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 6 points or more so far this season, the Longhorns went 3-1 against the spread.
- This season, Texas’ games have hit the over twice.
- Texas has been favored on the moneyline four total times this season. They’ve finished 3-1 in those games.
- Texas is 1-1 (winning 75% of its games) when it have played as a moneyline favorite of -232 or shorter.
- Oklahoma has covered the spread twice over five games with a set number.
- This year, Oklahoma games have hit the over twice.
- Oklahoma will play as the underdog for the first time this season.
- Oklahoma has not been a bigger underdog this season than the +188 moneyline set for this game.
Texas vs. Oklahoma: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Texas games have hit the over on this game’s 65-point over/under just once.
- This season, two Oklahoma games have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s point total of 65.
- Together, the two teams combine for 73.8 points per game, 8.8 points more than the point total of 65 for this contest.
- This game’s total is 18.4 fewer points than the 46.6 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2022.
- On average, the over/under in Longhorns games is 3.6 points fewer than the over/under of 65 points in this contest.
- Sooners games have an over/under of 63.7 points this season, 1.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Texas Players to Watch
- Hudson Card has thrown for 923 yards (184.6 ypg) to lead Texas, completing 69.2% of his passes and tossing six touchdown passes and one interception this season.
- Bijan Robinson’s team-high 513 rushing yards (102.6 per game) have come on 88 carries, with eight touchdowns this year. He’s also added 10 catches for 188 yards (37.6 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Roschon Johnson has piled up 166 yards (33.2 per game) on 36 attempts with one touchdown, while also grabbing 10 passes for 87 yards (17.4 per game) and one touchdown.
- Xavier Worthy’s 331 receiving yards (66.2 yards per game) lead the team. He has 21 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Jordan Whittington has put up a 257-yard season so far (51.4 receiving yards per game), reeling in 21 passes.
- Ja’Tavion Sanders has hauled in 20 grabs for 212 yards (42.4 ypg) and three touchdowns this season.
Oklahoma Players to Watch
- Dillon Gabriel leads Oklahoma with 1,215 passing yards (243.0 ypg) on 85-of-133 passing with 11 touchdowns compared to zero interceptions this season. He also adds 126 rushing yards (25.2 ypg) on 25 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Eric Gray, has carried the ball 66 times for 460 yards (92.0 per game), with three touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 12 passes for 92 yards (18.4 per game).
- This season Jovantae Barnes has piled up 223 yards (44.6 per game) on 44 carries with two touchdowns.
- Marvin Mims’ 438 receiving yards (87.6 yards per game) lead the team. He has 22 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Theo Wease has put together a 195-yard season so far (39.0 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns, reeling in 11 passes.
- Brayden Willis’ 13 receptions have netted him 185 yards (37.0 ypg) and four touchdowns.
Where To Watch Texas vs. Oklahoma
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.