The Illinois Fighting Illini (4-1), with college football’s first-ranked scoring defense, play the Iowa Hawkeyes (3-2) and their third-ranked defense on Saturday, October 8, 2022. The Fighting Illini are 3.5-point favorites. The over/under is 35.5 in the contest.
Illinois vs. Iowa Predictions
Illinois vs. Iowa Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Illinois vs. Iowa: Last 3 Games
- Illinois has covered the spread in its past three games, and went 3-0 overall.
- In Illinois’ past three contests, it has gone over the total once.
- The Fighting Illini and their opponents have combined to score an average of 47.7 points in their last three games, 12.2 more than the 35.5 over/under in this matchup.
- Iowa has two wins against the spread, and is 3-0 overall, in its past three contests.
- Iowa has gone over the total once in its past three games.
- The Hawkeyes have averaged a total of 38.5 combined points in their last three games, three greater than this game’s over/under of 35.5.
Illinois vs. Iowa Betting Trends
- Illinois has compiled a 4-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Fighting Illini are a perfect 3-0 ATS when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- This season, Illinois’ games have hit the over twice.
- Illinois has been listed as the moneyline favorite a total of three times this season, and they’ve won each of those games.
- Illinois has won all three games it has played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -177 or shorter.
- Iowa has registered a win-loss record of 2-3-0 against the spread this year.
- Iowa has not covered a spread (0-1) when it is at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Iowa games have gone over the total once this year.
- Iowa lost the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- Iowa has played as an underdog of +150 or more once this season and lost that game.
Illinois vs. Iowa: Over/Under Trends
- Illinois and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under (35.5 points) times this season.
- This season, Iowa has played two games with a combined score over 35.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 45.8 points per game, 10.3 points more than the over/under of 35.5 for this matchup.
- This game’s point total is 17.1 fewer points than the 18.4 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2022.
- The Fighting Illini have seen a 46.6 average over/under in their games this season, 11.1 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- Hawkeyes’ games have a total points bet of 39.3 points this season, 3.8 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Illinois Players to Watch
- Tommy DeVito leads Illinois with 1,118 passing yards (223.6 ypg) on 106-of-152 passing with nine touchdowns compared to two interceptions this season.
- Chase Brown’s team-high 733 rushing yards (146.6 per game) have come on 120 carries, with four touchdowns this year.
- This season Reggie Love III has racked up 137 yards (27.4 per game) on 27 attempts with one touchdown.
- Pat Bryant’s 310 receiving yards (62 yards per game) lead the team. He has 17 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Isaiah Williams has totaled 291 receiving yards (58.2 yards per game) and two touchdowns, hauling in 35 passes this year.
- Brian Hightower’s 17 catches have turned into 179 yards (35.8 ypg) and one touchdown.
Iowa Players to Watch
- Spencer Petras leads Iowa with 770 passing yards (154 ypg) on 69-of-125 passing with two touchdowns compared to two interceptions this season.
- Kaleb Johnson has carried the ball 41 times for a team-high 206 yards (41.2 per game), with three touchdowns this year.
- This season Leshon Williams has racked up 204 yards (40.8 per game) on 57 attempts with two touchdowns.
- Sam LaPorta’s 178 receiving yards (35.6 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 21 receptions.
- Luke Lachey has caught nine passes for 141 yards (28.2 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Arland Bruce IV’s 12 receptions have netted him 139 yards (27.8 ypg) and one touchdown.
Where To Watch Illinois vs. Iowa
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.