The Georgia State Panthers (1-4) will face off against a fellow Sun Belt foe, the Georgia Southern Eagles (3-2) in a matchup on Saturday, October 8, 2022 at Center Parc Stadium. The spread foreshadows a close game, with the Panthers favored to win by 2.5 points. The over/under for the outing is 65.5 points.
Georgia State vs. Georgia Southern Predictions
Georgia State vs. Georgia Southern Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Georgia State vs. Georgia Southern: Last 3 Games
- Georgia State has covered the spread once, and is 1-2 overall, in its past three games.
- In Georgia State’s past three contests, it has gone over the total twice.
- The Panthers average total over the last three games is 5.2 points fewer than the 65.5 over/under given for this matchup.
- Georgia Southern has two wins against the spread, and is 1-2 overall, in its last three games.
- Georgia Southern’s past three games have not hit the over.
- The Eagles have averaged a total of 65.2 combined points over their last three games, 0.3 fewer than this game’s over/under of 65.5.
Georgia State vs. Georgia Southern Betting Trends
- Georgia State has covered the spread once in five games with a set spread.
- The Panthers have yet to cover the spread when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites (0-1).
- Games involving Georgia State have hit the over twice this season.
- Georgia State has been the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they lost.
- Georgia State has played as a moneyline favorite of -134 or shorter in just one game this season, which it lost.
- Georgia Southern have registered a 4-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 2.5-point or bigger underdogs, Georgia Southern owns an ATS record of 2-1.
- This season, Georgia Southern games have hit the over twice.
- This season, Georgia Southern has won one out of the three games in which it has been the underdog.
- This season, Georgia Southern has won two of its four games when it is the underdog by at least +112 on the moneyline.
Georgia State vs. Georgia Southern: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Georgia State games have hit the over on this matchup’s 65.5-point over/under just once.
- There have been two games featuring Georgia Southern this season with more combined scoring than Saturday’s over/under of 65.5.
- The over/under for the matchup of 65.5 is 0.1 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Panthers (27.6 points per game) and the Eagles (37.8 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 61.6 points per game, 3.9 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Panthers have seen a 60.1 average over/under in their games this season, 5.4 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- Eagles games have an over/under of 62.3 points this season, 3.2 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Georgia State Players to Watch
- Darren Grainger has 1,028 passing yards (205.6 ypg) to lead Georgia State, completing 54% of his passes and recording 10 touchdown passes and four interceptions this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 233 rushing yards (46.6 ypg) on 55 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Tucker Gregg’s team-high 349 rushing yards (69.8 per game) have come on 79 carries, with four touchdowns this year.
- This season Jamyest Williams has racked up 52 carries for 274 yards (54.8 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jamari Thrash’s 428 receiving yards (85.6 yards per game) lead the team. He has 25 receptions with one touchdown.
- Robert Lewis has put together a 288-yard season so far (57.6 receiving yards per game) with five touchdowns, hauling in 14 passes.
- Ja’Cyais Credle’s 13 grabs have turned into 209 yards (41.8 ypg) and one touchdown.
Georgia Southern Players to Watch
- Kyle Vantrease has 1,574 passing yards (314.8 ypg) to lead Georgia Southern, completing 60.7% of his passes and recording 10 touchdown passes and seven interceptions this season.
- Jalen White’s team-high 450 rushing yards (90.0 per game) have come on 74 carries, with seven touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on eight catches for 79 yards (15.8 per game).
- This season Gerald Green has rushed for 290 yards (58.0 per game) on 50 carries with four touchdowns.
- Derwin Burgess Jr.’s 401 receiving yards (80.2 yards per game) lead the team. He has 32 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Khaleb Hood has put together a 309-yard season so far (61.8 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown, reeling in 27 passes.
- Jeremy Singleton’s 27 catches this season have resulted in 243 yards (48.6 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Where To Watch Georgia State vs. Georgia Southern
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.