The Appalachian State Mountaineers (3-2) and the Texas State Bobcats (2-3) will meet in a matchup of Sun Belt teams on Saturday, October 8, 2022 at Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium. The Bobcats will need to play a near perfect game to pull off an upset, oddsmakers have them as 19-point underdogs. An over/under of 55.5 points has been set for the outing.
Appalachian State vs. Texas State Predictions
Appalachian State vs. Texas State Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Appalachian State vs. Texas State: Last 3 Games
- Appalachian State has covered the spread once, and is 2-1 overall, in its last three games.
- Appalachian State has gone over the total twice in its past three contests.
- The Mountaineers and their opponents have combined to score an average of 54.3 points over their last three games, 1.2 less than the 55.5 over/under in this matchup.
- In its last three contests, Texas State has one win against the spread, and is 2-1 overall.
- In its past three contests, Texas State has gone over the total once.
- The Bobcats have averaged a total of 56.5 combined points in their last three games, 1.0 greater than this game’s over/under of 55.5.
Appalachian State vs. Texas State Betting Trends
- Appalachian State has covered the spread two times in five games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 19-point favorites or more, the Mountaineers have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- Games involving Appalachian State have hit the over three times this season.
- Appalachian State has won 50% of the games this season when it was the moneyline favorite (2-2).
- Appalachian State has played as a moneyline favorite of -1144 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- Texas State has covered the spread two times over five games with a set number.
- Texas State has not covered a spread when it is at least 19-point underdogs (0-2).
- Games involving Texas State have hit the over twice this season.
- Texas State has lost both games it has played as underdogs this season.
- This season, Texas State has been at least a +700 underdog on the moneyline two times, losing each of those contests.
Appalachian State vs. Texas State: Over/Under Trends
- Appalachian State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under (55.5 points) times this season.
- There has not been a Texas State game this season with more combined scoring than Saturday’s over/under of 55.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 59.2 points per game, 3.7 points more than the total of 55.5 for this contest.
- These two teams surrender a combined 53.8 points per game, 1.7 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Mountaineers games is 54.5 points, 1.0 fewer than the over/under of 55.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 1.2 points separates the average total points bet in Bobcats’ games (56.7 points) and this contest’s over/under (55.5 points).
Appalachian State Players to Watch
- Chase Brice has 1,273 passing yards (254.6 ypg) to lead Appalachian State, completing 61.5% of his passes and tossing 15 touchdown passes and two interceptions this season.
- Camerun Peoples has carried the ball 57 times for a team-high 372 yards (74.4 per game), with three touchdowns this year.
- This season Daetrich Harrington has rushed for 183 yards (36.6 per game) on 36 carries with one touchdown.
- Christan Horn’s 344 receiving yards (68.8 yards per game) lead the team. He has 15 receptions with four touchdowns.
- DaShaun Davis has caught 20 passes for 231 yards (46.2 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Kaedin Robinson’s 13 receptions have yielded 202 yards (40.4 ypg) and one touchdown.
Texas State Players to Watch
- Layne Hatcher has thrown for 1,203 yards (240.6 ypg) to lead Texas State, completing 60.5% of his passes and recording 11 touchdown passes and six interceptions this season.
- Calvin Hill’s team-high 313 rushing yards (62.6 per game) have come on 68 carries, with one touchdown this year.
- This season Lincoln Pare has piled up 212 yards (42.4 per game) on 49 carries.
- Ashtyn Hawkins’ 327 receiving yards (65.4 yards per game) lead the team. He has 36 receptions with five touchdowns.
- Marcell Barbee has racked up 173 receiving yards (34.6 yards per game) and one touchdown, reeling in 12 passes this year.
- Javen Banks’ seven receptions have yielded 153 yards (30.6 ypg) and one touchdown.
Where To Watch Appalachian State vs. Texas State
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.