The St. Louis Cardinals start the season versus the Pittsburgh Pirates on Sunday at 2:15 PM ET, at Busch Stadium.
The Pirates are an underdog (+176 on the moneyline to win) when they visit the Cardinals (-212). The Cardinals will give the ball to Adam Wainwright against the Pirates and Roansy Contreras. The total for this game is 7.
Cardinals vs. Pirates Predictions
Cardinals vs. Pirates Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Cardinals vs. Pirates Hitting Splits 2021
- The Cardinals averaged 1.0 home run per home game last season (77 total at home).
- The Cardinals averaged 2.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .385 at home.
- The club batted .241 with 627 hits (7.7 per game) at home last season.
- The Cardinals’ offense averaged 3.8 runs in home games.
- The Cardinals averaged 2.8 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .310 in home contests.
- In home games last season the club averaged 7.8 strikeouts per game.
- They hit 65 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 80 road contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .351 in away games last season with 187 extra-base hits.
- They averaged 7.6 base hits per game and had a .227 batting average on the road last season.
- They scored 3.4 runs per game last season on the road.
- When they played on the road last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .294 and drew 3.0 walks per game.
- In 80 road games last season, they averaged 8.5 strikeouts per contest.
Cardinals vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Adam Wainwright
- The Cardinals have an 18-13-0 record against the spread in Wainwright’s starts.
- The Cardinals have a 12-6 record in Wainwright’s 18 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Wainwright’s team has compiled a 17-14 record over his 31 starts.
- Wainwright has had 31 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in 14 of those matchups.
Projected starter: Roansy Contreras
- Contreras and his team are 9-9-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Pittsburgh has a record of 5-8 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Contreras’ team has won eight of his 17 starts.
- In Contreras’ 18 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over seven times.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt put up 177 hits with a batting average of .294 last season.
- Nolan Arenado had 34 home runs and 105 runs batted in a season ago.
- Tommy Edman hit .262 a season ago with 41 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 38 walks.
- Dylan Carlson hit .266 with 31 doubles, four triples, 18 home runs and 57 walks.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Last season, Bryan Reynolds had a .302 batting average with 24 home runs and 90 RBI.
- Kevin Newman collected 117 hits, posted an OBP of .265 and a .309 SLG.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes finished last season with six home runs, 38 RBI and a batting average of .257.
- Ben Gamel collected 84 hits, posted an OBP of .347 and a .388 SLG.
Where To Watch Cardinals vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.