The Oakland Athletics (56-101) hope to stop their five-game losing run versus the Seattle Mariners (86-70), at 4:10 PM ET on Saturday.
The Mariners are favored (-268 moneyline odds) when they host the Athletics (+218). The Seattle Mariners will hand the ball to Luis Castillo (7-6, 3.06 ERA), who is looking for win No. 8 on the season, and the Athletics will turn to JP Sears (6-3, 4.22 ERA). The contest has a set total of 6.5.
Mariners vs. Athletics Predictions
Mariners vs. Athletics Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mariners vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Seattle was favored on the moneyline for nine of its last 10 games, and went 5-4 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Mariners and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Seattle’s ATS record is 2-8-0 over its past 10 games.
- Oakland has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 3-7 in those contests.
- The Athletics and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Oakland has five wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Mariners vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Luis Castillo
- The Mariners have gone 13-11-0 against the spread when Castillo starts.
- The Mariners have a 5-7 record in Castillo’s 12 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Over Castillo’s 24 starts, his team is 13-11.
- Castillo has started 24 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in nine of them.
Projected starter: JP Sears
- When Sears starts, his team is 6-5-0 against the spread this season.
- His team has been victorious in 50% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 4-4.
- In games Sears has started, his team is 6-5.
- Games started by Sears have a 5-6-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Mariners Batting Leaders
- Ty France has racked up a team-best batting average of .279.
- France’s home runs rank 61st in MLB and he ranks 34th in RBI in MLB.
- France has safely hit in six games in a row. In his last 10 games he is hitting .341 with three doubles, a triple, three walks and five RBI.
- Eugenio Suarez has put his power on display as he leads his team with 31 home runs and 85 RBI.
- Suarez ranks 15th in homers and 30th in RBI this year.
- J.P. Crawford is batting .246 with 24 doubles, three triples, six home runs and 65 walks.
- Adam Frazier is batting .235 with 21 doubles, four triples, three home runs and 46 walks.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy leads Oakland in batting average (.249) this season while adding 18 home runs and 66 RBI.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Murphy is 75th in home runs and 73rd in RBI.
- Tony Kemp is batting .233 with an OBP of .306 and a slugging percentage of .333 this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Kemp is 242nd in homers and 170th in RBI.
- Seth Brown leads Oakland in home runs (25) and runs batted in (67) this season while batting .229.
- Chad Pinder is batting .229 with an OBP of .258 and a slugging percentage of .381 this season.
Where To Watch Mariners vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.