The San Diego Padres (86-71) bring a three-game losing run into a home contest versus the Chicago White Sox (78-79), at 8:40 PM ET on Saturday.
The Padres are favored at home (-119) versus the White Sox (+100). The Padres will start Mike Clevinger (6-7) versus the White Sox and Dylan Cease (14-7). The game’s over/under is set at 7.
Padres vs. White Sox Predictions
Padres vs. White Sox Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Padres vs. White Sox Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Diego has a 5-3 record from the eight games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Padres and their opponents combined to go over the run total three times (all 10 games had set totals).
- San Diego’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in three of its past 10 games and has gone 1-2 in those contests.
- The White Sox and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Chicago is 1-9-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Padres vs. White Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Mike Clevinger
- The Padres have a 12-9-0 ATS record in Clevinger’s 21 starts with a set spread.
- The Padres have a 10-4 record in Clevinger’s 14 starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Clevinger’s team has a 14-7 record over his 21 starts.
- Clevinger’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 13 of 21 contests.
Projected starter: Dylan Cease
- Cease and his team have a record of 17-15-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team is 4-1 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Cease’s team has won 20 of his 31 starts this season.
- In Cease’s 32 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 15 times.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado paces the Padres in home runs (31), runs batted in (100) and has racked up a team-best batting average of .295.
- Among all hitters in MLB play, Machado’s home run total ranks 15th and his RBI tally ranks ninth.
- Juan Soto is hitting .243 with 25 doubles, two triples, 26 home runs and 134 walks.
- Soto ranks 34th in homers and 92nd in RBI this year.
- Soto has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with a double and five walks.
- Josh Bell is hitting .266 with 29 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 76 walks.
- Brandon Drury has 31 doubles, two triples, 28 home runs and 35 walks while hitting .265.
- Drury has safely hit in seven straight games. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .263 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Jose Abreu leads Chicago in batting average (.304) this season while adding 15 home runs and 75 RBI.
- In all of MLB, Abreu ranks 109th in home runs and 45th in RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn leads Chicago in home runs (17) and runs batted in (76) this season while batting .276.
- Vaughn ranks 83rd in homers and 43rd in RBI among all hitters in the major leagues.
- Elvis Andrus is slashing .247/.302/.390 this season for the White Sox.
- A.J. Pollock has 117 hits and an OBP of .292 to go with a slugging percentage of .391 this season.
Where To Watch Padres vs. White Sox
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.