The Philadelphia Phillies take on the Washington Nationals to begin the season on Sunday. First pitch is at 1:35 PM ET, at Nationals Park.
The Nationals play as a big home underdog (+203) against the Phillies (-247). The Phillies will give the ball to Zack Wheeler versus the Nationals and Patrick Corbin. The game’s total is 7.5.
Phillies vs. Nationals Predictions
Phillies vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Phillies vs. Nationals Hitting Splits 2021
- The Phillies hit 103 homers on the road last season (1.3 per game).
- The Phillies averaged 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .404 on the road.
- The club batted .236 with 651 hits (8.0 per game) on the road last season.
- The Phillies scored an average of 4.6 runs per game on the road.
- The Phillies had a .312 on-base percentage and averaged 3.4 walks per game on the road.
- On the road last season the club averaged 8.9 strikeouts per game.
- They hit 95 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 81 home contests last season.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a .431 SLG with 233 hits going for extra bases.
- They averaged 8.5 base hits per game and hit .265 as a team at home last season.
- They scored 4.3 runs per game last season at home.
- When they played at home last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .340 and drew 3.3 walks per game.
- They struck out 7.4 times per game in 81 home games last season.
Phillies vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Zack Wheeler
- The Phillies have an 11-14-0 ATS record in Wheeler’s 25 starts that had a set spread.
- The Phillies have been favored on the moneyline in 21 of Wheeler’s starts this season, and they went 11-10 in those matchups.
- Wheeler’s team has a 13-12 record in his starts this season.
- Wheeler has had 25 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 12 of those matchups hit the over.
Projected starter: Patrick Corbin
- Corbin’s team is 10-20-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Washington has a record of 4-22 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Corbin’s team has won six of his 30 starts.
- In Corbin’s 30 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 11 times.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Bryce Harper hit 35 home runs while accumulating a batting average of .309 last season.
- Nicholas Castellanos drove in 100 runs batted in while batting .309 batting average.
- Jean Segura hit .290 a season ago with 27 doubles, three triples, 14 home runs and 39 walks.
- Kyle Schwarber had 19 doubles, 32 home runs and 64 walks while batting .266.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Last season, Nelson Cruz had a .265 batting average with 32 home runs and 86 RBI.
- Cesar Hernandez collected 132 hits, posted an OBP of .308 and a .386 SLG.
- Lane Thomas finished with a .235 average, seven home runs and 28 RBI last season.
- Luis Garcia collected 57 hits, posted an OBP of .275 and a .411 SLG.
Where To Watch Phillies vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.