The Tampa Bay Rays kick off versus the Houston Astros on Sunday at Minute Maid Park. The game starts at 2:10 PM ET.
The favored Astros (-169 on the moneyline) take the field at home against the Rays (+144). The Astros will give the ball to Luis Garcia against the Rays and Corey Kluber. The matchup has an over/under set at 7.5 total runs.
Astros vs. Rays Predictions
Astros vs. Rays Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Rays Hitting Splits 2021
- The Astros averaged 1.3 homers per home game last season (105 total at home).
- The Astros had a .445 slugging percentage and averaged 3.3 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averaged 9.0 hits per game and batted .267 at home last season.
- The Astros averaged 5.3 runs per home game.
- The Astros averaged 3.7 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .342 in home contests.
- They averaged 7.3 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- In 80 games on the road last season, they hit 126 homers, an average of 1.6 per contest.
- They slugged .442 in 80 road games last season.
- They averaged 8.7 base hits per game and had a .245 batting average on the road last season.
- In 80 road games last season, they scored 5.7 runs per contest.
- They got on base at a .315 clip with 3.5 walks drawn per contest away from home last season.
- They struck out 9.7 times per game in 80 away games last season.
Astros vs. Rays Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Luis Garcia
- The Astros have a 16-12-0 record against the spread in Garcia’s starts.
- The Astros have a 16-7 record in Garcia’s 23 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Garcia’s team has an 18-9 record in his 27 starts.
- Garcia’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 13 of 28 contests.
Projected starter: Corey Kluber
- Kluber’s team is 16-14-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team has been victorious in 50% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 5-5.
- Kluber’s team has a 16-14 record in his starts this season.
- Games started by Kluber have a 13-15-2 record at hitting the over this season.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Jose Altuve hit .278 a season ago with 32 doubles, a triple, 31 home runs and 66 walks.
- Kyle Tucker had 37 doubles, three triples, 30 home runs and 53 walks while hitting .294.
- Yuli Gurriel had a batting average of .319 with 169 total hits last season.
- Yordan Alvarez hit 33 home runs with 104 runs batted in last year.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Randy Arozarena hit .274 last season with 20 home runs and 69 RBI.
- Yandy Diaz hit .256 with an OBP of .353 and a slugging percentage of .387.
- David Peralta finished last season with eight home runs, 63 RBI and a batting average of .259.
- Manuel Margot collected 107 hits, posted an OBP of .313 and a .382 SLG.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Rays
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.