The Tampa Bay Rays (86-71) visit the Houston Astros (102-55) at 7:20 PM ET on Saturday.
The Rays (+136 underdog moneyline odds) are away versus the Astros (-161). The Houston Astros will hand the ball to Cristian Javier (10-9, 2.65 ERA), who is looking for win No. 11 on the season, and the Rays will turn to Shane McClanahan (12-7, 2.51 ERA). The over/under for the game is 6.5 total runs.
Astros vs. Rays Predictions
Astros vs. Rays Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Rays Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston has a 4-4 record from the eight games it was favored on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Astros and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Houston has gone 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Tampa Bay has played as the underdog in five of its past 10 games and won three of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Rays and their opponents have failed to hit the over five times.
- Tampa Bay has a record of 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Astros vs. Rays Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Cristian Javier
- The Astros are 9-15-0 ATS in Javier’s 24 starts with a set spread.
- The Astros are 12-8 in Javier’s 20 starts this season with Houston as the moneyline favorite.
- Over Javier’s 24 starts, his team is 14-10.
- Javier has started 24 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in nine of them.
Projected starter: Shane McClanahan
- McClanahan and his team are 13-15-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team is 3-2 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- In games McClanahan has started, his team is 16-12.
- In games McClanahan has started this season, the teams are 12-14-2 at hitting the over.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez has racked up a team-high batting average of .305, while leading the Astros in home runs (37).
- Among hitters in MLB, Alvarez ranks sixth in homers and 14th in RBI.
- Alvarez has hit safely in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .467 with two doubles, four walks and two RBI.
- Alex Bregman has 38 doubles, 23 home runs and 85 walks while hitting .262.
- Bregman ranks 47th in home runs and 21st in RBI this season.
- Jose Altuve is hitting .293 with 35 doubles, 28 home runs and 65 walks.
- Kyle Tucker’s 104 runs batted in lead his team.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Yandy Diaz leads Tampa Bay with a .296 batting average. He’s also hit nine homers and has 56 RBI.
- Among all batters in the big leagues, Diaz ranks 197th in home runs and 114th in RBI.
- Randy Arozarena leads Tampa Bay in home runs with 20 and runs batted in with 89.
- Arozarena currently is 61st in home runs and 23rd in RBI in the big leagues.
- Harold Ramirez has 121 hits this season and a slash line of .309/.352/.417.
- Isaac Paredes is slugging .449 this season, with a team-best 20 homers while driving in 45 runs.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Rays
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.