The Kansas City Royals open versus the Cleveland Guardians on Sunday at Progressive Field. The matchup starts at 1:40 PM ET.
The Guardians are favored (-229 on the moneyline) when they take on the Royals (+189). The Guardians will give the ball to Shane Bieber against the Royals and Max Castillo. The contest has a set total of 7.
Guardians vs. Royals Predictions
Guardians vs. Royals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Guardians vs. Royals Hitting Splits 2021
- The Guardians hit 102 home runs at home last season (1.3 per game).
- The Guardians averaged 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .411 in home contests.
- The club batted .238 with 612 hits (7.6 per game) at home last season.
- The Guardians averaged 4.2 runs per game at home.
- The Guardians had a .305 on-base percentage and averaged 2.8 walks per game at home.
- They averaged 8.3 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- In 81 games on the road last season, they hit 87 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .382 in away games last season with 213 extra-base hits.
- In away games last season, they had a .236 AVG with 8.0 base hits per contest.
- In 81 road games last season, they scored 3.8 runs per contest.
- When they played on the road last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .291 and drew 2.4 walks per game.
- They struck out 8.1 times per game in 81 away games last season.
Guardians vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Shane Bieber
- The Guardians are 18-12-0 against the spread when Bieber starts.
- The Guardians have a 15-7 record in Bieber’s 22 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Bieber’s team has a 19-11 record over his 30 starts.
- Bieber’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 11 of 30 games.
Projected starter: Max Castillo
- Castillo’s team is 3-2-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team has won 50% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (2-2).
- Castillo’s team has a 3-2 record in his starts this season.
- In Castillo’s five starts with a total, the teams have hit the over four times.
Guardians Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez had 36 home runs and 103 runs batted in last season.
- Myles Straw hit .271 with 29 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 67 walks.
- Amed Rosario accumulated 155 hits with a batting average of .282 last season.
- Josh Naylor had 13 doubles, seven home runs and 14 walks while batting .253.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Salvador Perez slugged 48 home runs and collected 121 RBI last season while batting .273.
- Nicky Lopez posted a .300 average with 43 RBI.
- Hunter Dozier finished last season with 16 home runs, 54 RBI and a batting average of .216.
- Michael A. Taylor hit .244 with an OBP of .297 and a slugging percentage of .356.
Where To Watch Guardians vs. Royals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.