The Chicago Cubs (72-86) will attempt to keep a six-game win streak alive when they host the Cincinnati Reds (60-98) at 2:20 PM ET on Sunday.
The Cubs are a home favorite (-167) versus the Reds (+143). The scheduled starters are Marcus Stroman (5-7) for the Chicago Cubs, and Chase Anderson (2-3) for the Cincinnati Reds.
Cubs vs. Reds Predictions
Cubs vs. Reds Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Cubs vs. Reds Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- In the last 10 games, Chicago has been named the moneyline favorite by oddsmakers only twice, and it won both games.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Cubs and their opponents combined to hit the over three times.
- Chicago has gone 8-2-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, Cincinnati has a record of 2-8.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Reds and their opponents have combined to hit the over two times.
- Cincinnati is 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Cubs vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Marcus Stroman
- The Cubs are 13-12-0 ATS in Stroman’s 25 starts with a set spread.
- The Cubs are 1-5 in Stroman’s six starts this season with Chicago as the moneyline favorite.
- Stroman’s team has won eight of his 24 starts.
- Stroman’s starts hit the over on the run total 12 times in 25 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Chase Anderson
- Anderson and his team have a record of 3-3-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has won 40% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (2-3).
- Anderson’s team is 3-3 when he starts this season.
- In games Anderson has started this season, the teams are 3-3-0 at hitting the over.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ paces the Cubs with 71 runs batted in.
- In MLB play, Happ ranks 83rd in home runs and 58th in RBI.
- Nico Hoerner is hitting .282 to pace his team.
- Among all MLB batters, Hoerner ranks 197th in home runs and 131st in RBI.
- Willson Contreras has 23 doubles, two triples, 21 home runs and 43 walks while batting .241.
- Seiya Suzuki has 22 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 40 walks while hitting .267.
- Suzuki enters this game on a seven-game hitting streak. In his last nine games he is hitting .303 with a triple, two home runs, three walks and two RBI.
Reds Batting Leaders
- Kyle Farmer leads Cincinnati in home runs with 14, runs batted in with 77 and his batting average of .253 is also best on his team.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Farmer’s home run total is 122nd, and his RBI total is 43rd.
- Jonathan India has 92 hits and an OBP of .318 to go with a slugging percentage of .372 this season.
- India ranks 186th in home runs and 216th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- TJ Friedl has collected 53 base hits, an OBP of .317 and a slugging percentage of .443 this season.
- Jake Fraley has 52 hits and an OBP of .343 to go with a slugging percentage of .483 this season.
Where To Watch Cubs vs. Reds
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.