Big Ten action features the Wisconsin Badgers (2-1) taking on the Illinois Fighting Illini (3-1) on Saturday, October 1, 2022 at Camp Randall Stadium. The Badgers are notable favorites in this one, with the spread posted at 8.5 points. The over/under in this outing is 44.5 points.
Wisconsin vs. Illinois Predictions
Wisconsin vs. Illinois Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Wisconsin vs. Illinois Betting Trends
- Wisconsin has covered the spread twice over four games with a set spread.
- The Badgers are 2-1 ATS when playing as at least 8.5-point favorites.
- Wisconsin’s games have gone over the total twice out of four chances this season.
- Wisconsin has been the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and they split the two games.
- Wisconsin has played as a moneyline favorite of -343 or shorter in just two games this season, and it split 1-1.
- Illinois has covered the spread in a game three times this season (3-1-0).
- Games involving Illinois has hit the over once this year.
- Illinois lost the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- Illinois has not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +267.
Wisconsin vs. Illinois: Over/Under Trends
- Wisconsin and its opponents have combined to score more than 44.5 points in a game twice this season.
- Illinois has not finished a game this season with a combined score over 44.5 points.
- The over/under for the matchup of 44.5 is 23.1 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Badgers (39.3 points per game) and the Fighting Illini (28.3 points per game).
- This matchup’s total is 28.5 fewer points than the 16 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2022.
- On average, the Badgers have seen a 48.4 over/under in their games this season, 3.9 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 2.9 points separates the average total points bet in Fighting Illini’s games (47.4 points) and this game’s over/under (44.5 points).
Wisconsin Players to Watch
- Graham Mertz leads Wisconsin with 791 passing yards (197.8 ypg) on 55-of-82 passing with seven touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Braelon Allen, has carried the ball 73 times for 497 yards (124.3 per game), with six touchdowns this year.
- This season Chez Mellusi has racked up 176 yards (44.0 per game) on 39 carries with one touchdown.
- Skyler Bell’s 201 receiving yards (50.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has 12 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Chimere Dike has recorded 181 receiving yards (45.3 yards per game) and one touchdown, reeling in 10 passes this year.
- Clay Cundiff’s nine catches have netted him 142 yards (35.5 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Illinois Players to Watch
- Tommy DeVito has thrown for 951 yards (237.8 ypg) to lead Illinois, completing 68.8% of his passes and tossing nine touchdown passes and two interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Chase Brown, has carried the ball 95 times for 604 yards (151.0 per game), with three touchdowns this year.
- This season Reggie Love III has rushed for 121 yards (30.3 per game) on 21 carries with one touchdown.
- Isaiah Williams’ 260 receiving yards (65.0 yards per game) lead the team. He has 28 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Pat Bryant has collected 259 receiving yards (64.8 yards per game) and two touchdowns, hauling in 13 passes this year.
- Brian Hightower’s 12 grabs this season have resulted in 120 yards (30.0 ypg) and one touchdown.
Where To Watch Wisconsin vs. Illinois
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.