The Pittsburgh Pirates (56-97) and Cincinnati Reds (60-93) clash on Monday at 6:35 PM ET, beginning a three-game series at PNC Park.
The Pirates are a home favorite (-138) against the Reds (+117). The Pittsburgh Pirates will hand the ball to Roansy Contreras (5-5, 3.68 ERA), who is looking for win No. 6 on the season, and the Reds will turn to Chase Anderson (2-3, 5.21 ERA). The contest has a set total of 8.
Pirates vs. Reds Predictions
Pirates vs. Reds Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Pirates vs. Reds Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Pittsburgh has a 1-3 record from the four games it was favored on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Pirates and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total six times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Pittsburgh’s ATS record is 3-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- Cincinnati has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has won three of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Reds and their opponents are 2-7-1 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Cincinnati has a record of 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Pirates vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Roansy Contreras
- The Pirates have gone 8-9-0 against the spread when Contreras starts.
- The Pirates have a 2-1 record in Contreras’ three starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Contreras’ team is 7-9 over his 16 starts.
- Contreras has had 17 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and six of those matchups finished over the total.
Projected starter: Chase Anderson
- Anderson and his team are 3-2-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has won 50% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (2-2).
- Anderson’s team has a 3-2 record in his starts this season.
- In games Anderson has started this season, the teams are 2-3-0 at hitting the over.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds paces the Pirates with 26 home runs and 60 runs batted in, while putting up a team-best batting average of .266.
- Among hitters in MLB, Reynolds ranks 32nd in home runs and 89th in RBI.
- Reynolds enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .412 with two doubles, two home runs, three walks and four RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is hitting .245 with 24 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 46 walks.
- Hayes currently ranks 234th in home runs and 200th in RBI in the majors.
- Ben Gamel is hitting .231 with 19 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 45 walks.
- Michael Chavis is hitting .229 with 16 doubles, three triples, 14 home runs and 19 walks.
Reds Batting Leaders
- Kyle Farmer leads Cincinnati in batting average (.253), home runs (13) and runs batted in (73) this season.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Farmer ranks 132nd in home runs and 47th in RBI.
- Jonathan India has 91 hits and an OBP of .323 to go with a slugging percentage of .381 this season.
- India is 183rd among batters in MLB in home runs, and 207th in RBI.
- India has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .211 with three walks and three RBI.
- TJ Friedl is slashing .249/.322/.449 this season for the Reds.
- Jake Fraley has collected 47 hits this season and has an OBP of .336. He’s slugging .455 on the year.
Where To Watch Pirates vs. Reds
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.