The Northern Illinois Huskies (1-2) will square off against a fellow MAC opponent, the Ball State Cardinals (1-2) in a matchup on Saturday, October 1, 2022 at Scheumann Stadium. The Cardinals will attempt to pull off an upset as 3.5-point underdogs. The over/under is 60.5 in the outing.
Northern Illinois vs. Ball State Predictions
Northern Illinois vs. Ball State Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Northern Illinois vs. Ball State Betting Trends
- Northern Illinois has gone 2-2-0 against the spread this season.
- The Huskies are winless against the spread when they have played as 3.5-point favorites or more (0-1).
- All of Northern Illinois’ games have gone over the total out of four chances this season.
- Northern Illinois has been listed as the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and they split the two games.
- Northern Illinois has played as a moneyline favorite of -148 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- Ball State has covered the spread one time this season (1-3-0).
- Ball State has yet to cover the spread when it is at least 3.5-point underdogs (0-3).
- Games involving Ball State have hit the over twice this season.
- Ball State has been the underdog in three games this season, and it has failed to win any of those contests.
- Ball State has been at least a +123 moneyline underdog three times this season, but lost all of those games.
Northern Illinois vs. Ball State: Over/Under Trends
- This season, every Northern Illinois game has hit the over on this game’s 60.5-point over/under.
- This season, Ball State has played two games with a combined score higher than 60.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 56 points per game, 4.5 points fewer than the total of 60.5 for this contest.
- The 66.3 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 5.8 more than the 60.5 total in this contest.
- This season the average total for Huskies games is 57.6 points, 2.9 fewer than the over/under of 60.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 1.0 point separates this contest’s over/under (60.5 points) and the average total points bet in Cardinals’ games (59.5 points) this season.
Northern Illinois Players to Watch
- Rocky Lombardi has thrown for 530 yards (132.5 ypg) to lead Northern Illinois, completing 65% of his passes and recording five touchdown passes and one interception this season.
- Antario Brown’s team-high 240 rushing yards (60.0 per game) have come on 47 carries, with three touchdowns this year.
- This season Harrison Waylee has racked up 215 yards (53.8 per game) on 54 carries with one touchdown.
- Cole Tucker’s team-high 333 receiving yards (83.3 yards per game) have come on 18 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Shemar Thornton has caught 14 passes for 156 yards (39.0 yards per game) this year.
- Kacper Rutkiewicz has hauled in seven receptions for 125 yards (31.3 ypg) and three touchdowns this season.
Ball State Players to Watch
- John Paddock has 1,115 passing yards (278.8 ypg) to lead Ball State, completing 63.2% of his passes and recording eight touchdown passes and four interceptions this season.
- Carson Steele has carried the ball 85 times for a team-high 444 yards (111.0 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Vaughn Pemberton has rushed for 67 yards (16.8 per game) on 17 carries.
- Jayshon Jackson’s 331 receiving yards (82.8 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s registered 28 receptions and two touchdowns.
- Yo’Heinz Tyler has caught 23 passes for 204 yards (51.0 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Amir Abdur-Rahman’s 17 catches have netted him 183 yards (45.8 ypg) and one touchdown.
Where To Watch Northern Illinois vs. Ball State
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.