The North Carolina Tar Heels (3-1) will have their 21st-ranked passing attack on display versus the Virginia Tech Hokies (2-2), who boast the No. 20 passing defense, on Saturday, October 1, 2022. The Tar Heels are favored, by 8.5 points. The over/under in this outing is 57 points.
North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech Predictions
North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech: Last 3 Games
- North Carolina has one win against the spread, and is 2-1 overall, in its past three contests.
- North Carolina has hit the over twice in its past three contests.
- The Tar Heels and their opponents have combined to score an average of 58.7 points in their last three games, 1.7 more than the 57 over/under in this matchup.
- Virginia Tech has one win against the spread, and is 2-1 overall, over its past three games.
- Virginia Tech’s past three games have not gone over the total.
- The Hokies have averaged a total of 46.7 combined points in their last three games, 10.3 fewer than this game’s over/under of 57.
North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech Betting Trends
- North Carolina has put together a record of 1-2-1 against the spread this season.
- The Tar Heels have not covered the spread (0-1) when they are at least 8.5-point favorites.
- This season, three of North Carolina’s games have gone over the point total.
- North Carolina has been favored on the moneyline three total times this season. They’ve gone 2-1 in those games.
- North Carolina has played as a moneyline favorite of -316 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- Virginia Tech has covered the spread once in four games with a set spread.
- Virginia Tech games have yet to go over the total once this year.
- Virginia Tech lost the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- Virginia Tech has not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +252.
North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech: Over/Under Trends
- All of North Carolina’s games this season have exceeded Saturday’s total of 57 points.
- There has not been a Virginia Tech game this season with more combined scoring than Saturday’s point total of 57.
- The Tar Heels average 46.5 points per game against the Hokies’ 20.3, totaling 9.8 points over the matchup’s total of 57.
- This matchup’s total equals the 57 average points per game these two teams have combined to give up this year.
- The Tar Heels have seen a 57.9 average over/under in their games this season, 0.9 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 9.9 points more than the average over/under in Hokies’ games this season (47.1 points).
North Carolina Players to Watch
- Drake Maye leads North Carolina with 1,231 passing yards (307.8 ypg) on 89-of-129 passing with 16 touchdowns and one interception this season. He also has 182 rushing yards (45.5 ypg) on 39 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Omarion Hampton, has carried the ball 48 times for 256 yards (64.0 per game), with five touchdowns this year.
- Kobe Paysour’s team-high 175 receiving yards (43.8 yards per game) have come on 15 receptions with two touchdowns.
- J.J. Jones has totaled 171 receiving yards (42.8 yards per game) and one touchdown, hauling in nine passes this year.
- Antoine Green has hauled in three receptions for 150 yards (37.5 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
Virginia Tech Players to Watch
- Grant Wells has 840 passing yards (210.0 ypg) to lead Virginia Tech, completing 60.3% of his passes and collecting five touchdown passes and five interceptions this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 81 rushing yards (20.3 ypg) on 26 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- The team’s top rusher, Keshawn King, has carried the ball 29 times for 179 yards (44.8 per game), with one touchdown this year. He’s also caught seven passes for 61 yards (15.3 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Jalen Holston has rushed for 144 yards (36.0 per game) on 45 carries with two touchdowns.
- Kaleb Smith’s 201 receiving yards (50.3 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 13 receptions and two touchdowns.
- Nick Gallo has put together a 124-yard season so far (31.0 receiving yards per game), reeling in 17 passes.
- Stephen Gosnell’s seven catches this season have resulted in 107 yards (26.8 ypg).
Where To Watch North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.