Big Ten play features the Maryland Terrapins (3-1) taking on the Michigan State Spartans (2-2) on Saturday, October 1, 2022 at Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium. The Terrapins are notable favorites in this one, with the spread posted at 7.5 points. The over/under is 59.5 in the contest.
Maryland vs. Michigan State Predictions
Maryland vs. Michigan State Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Maryland vs. Michigan State: Last 3 Games
- Maryland is unbeaten against the spread and 2-1 overall over its past three contests.
- In its past three contests, Maryland has gone over the total once.
- The Terrapins have averaged a total of 68.0 combined points in their last three games, 8.5 greater than this game’s over/under of 59.5.
- Michigan State has one win against the spread, and is 2-1 overall, in its past three games.
- In its past three contests, Michigan State has hit the over once.
- The Spartans total over the last three games is 5.3 points fewer than the 59.5 total listed for this matchup.
Maryland vs. Michigan State Betting Trends
- Maryland is 3-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Terrapins are 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 7.5-point favorites.
- Maryland’s games have gone over the total once this season.
- Maryland has not yet lost a game it was the moneyline favorite this season, going 3-0.
- Maryland has played as a moneyline favorite of -280 or shorter in only two games this season, and it won both.
- Michigan State has covered the spread twice over four games with a set number.
- This year, Michigan State games have hit the over just once.
- Michigan State has lost both games it has played as underdogs this season.
- Michigan State has not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +222.
Maryland vs. Michigan State: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Maryland and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under of 59.5 points times.
- There has been just one game featuring Michigan State this season with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 59.5.
- The point total for the game of 59.5 is 8.0 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Terrapins (37.0 points per game) and the Spartans (30.5 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 44.5 points per game, 15.0 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Terrapins have seen a 67.4 average over/under in their games this season, 7.9 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 5.2 points more than the average over/under in Spartans’ games this season (54.3 points).
Maryland Players to Watch
- Taulia Tagovailoa has 1,102 passing yards (275.5 ypg) to lead Maryland, completing 74.6% of his passes and throwing seven touchdown passes and four interceptions this season. He’s also helped out on the ground with 74 rushing yards (18.5 ypg) on 23 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Roman Hemby has carried the ball 48 times for a team-high 342 yards (85.5 per game), with three touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 10 catches for 108 yards (27.0 per game).
- This season Antwain Littleton has taken 20 carries for 147 yards (36.8 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Rakim Jarrett’s 208 receiving yards (52.0 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 15 receptions and one touchdown.
- Jeshaun Jones has racked up 193 receiving yards (48.3 yards per game) and two touchdowns, reeling in 13 passes this year.
- Jacob Copeland’s 10 receptions are good enough for 181 yards (45.3 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Michigan State Players to Watch
- Payton Thorne has 900 passing yards (225.0 ypg) to lead Michigan State, completing 65.3% of his passes and collecting seven touchdown passes and six interceptions this season.
- Jalen Berger’s team-high 267 rushing yards (66.8 per game) have come on 50 carries, with four touchdowns this year.
- This season Jarek Broussard has racked up 35 carries for 161 yards (40.3 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Keon Coleman’s team-leading 261 receiving yards (65.3 yards per game) have come on 19 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Tre Mosley has caught 12 passes for 169 yards (42.3 yards per game) and three touchdowns this year.
- Jayden Reed’s 12 grabs have netted him 128 yards (32.0 ypg).
Where To Watch Maryland vs. Michigan State
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.