The James Madison Dukes (3-0) and the Texas State Bobcats (1-2) will meet in a matchup of Sun Belt teams on Saturday, October 1, 2022 at Bridgeforth Stadium and Zane Showker Field. The Bobcats will need to play a near perfect game to pull off an upset, bookmakers have them as 20.5-point underdogs. The over/under is set at 55.5 in the outing.
James Madison vs. Texas State Predictions
James Madison vs. Texas State Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
James Madison vs. Texas State Betting Trends
- James Madison is 3-0-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 20.5-point favorites or more, the Dukes have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- James Madison’s games have gone over the total twice this season.
- James Madison has been the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they won.
- James Madison has never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -1419 or shorter.
- Texas State has covered the spread twice in four games with a set number.
- Texas State is winless against the spread when it is 20.5-point underdogs or more (0-1).
- This season, Texas State games have hit the over just once.
- Texas State lost the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- Texas State has played as an underdog of +800 or more once this season and lost that game.
James Madison vs. Texas State: Over/Under Trends
- James Madison and its opponents have combined to go over Saturday’s total of 55.5 points twice this season.
- There has not been a Texas State game that has finished with a combined score higher than 55.5 points this season.
- The over/under for the game of 55.5 is 11.5 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Dukes (46.3 points per game) and the Bobcats (20.7 points per game).
- This game’s total is 10.8 fewer points than the 44.7 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2022.
- This season, the average total for Dukes games is 57.0 points, 1.5 more than the over/under of 55.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 2.5 points fewer than the average over/under in Bobcats’ games this season (58.0 points).
James Madison Players to Watch
- Todd Centeio leads James Madison with 656 passing yards (218.7 ypg) on 49-of-78 passing with 11 touchdowns and zero interceptions this season. He also has 200 rushing yards (66.7 ypg) on 36 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- This season Percy Agyei-Obese has collected 170 yards (56.7 per game) on 27 carries with two touchdowns.
- Kris Thornton’s team-leading 256 receiving yards (85.3 yards per game) have come on 20 receptions with five touchdowns.
- Reggie Brown has totaled 159 receiving yards (53.0 yards per game) and two touchdowns, reeling in nine passes this year.
- Devin Ravenel’s seven catches have netted him 73 yards (24.3 ypg) and three touchdowns.
Texas State Players to Watch
- Layne Hatcher has 1,063 passing yards (265.8 ypg) to lead Texas State, completing 62.7% of his passes and tossing 10 touchdown passes and four interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Calvin Hill, has carried the ball 66 times for 312 yards (78.0 per game), with one touchdown this year.
- This season Lincoln Pare has rushed for 131 yards (32.8 per game) on 32 carries.
- Ashtyn Hawkins’ 303 receiving yards (75.8 yards per game) lead the team. He has 33 receptions with five touchdowns.
- Javen Banks has grabbed seven passes for 153 yards (38.3 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Charles Brown’s six receptions have netted him 135 yards (33.8 ypg) and one touchdown.
Where To Watch James Madison vs. Texas State
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.