The New York Mets (96-56) square off against the Oakland Athletics (55-96) on Saturday at Oakland Coliseum, at 4:07 PM ET.
The Mets are heavily favored (-378 on the moneyline) when they visit the Athletics (+303). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the New York Mets looking to Jacob deGrom (5-2), and Ken Waldichuk (0-2) getting the nod for the Oakland Athletics. The game’s total is set at 7.
Mets vs. Athletics Predictions
Mets vs. Athletics Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mets vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York was favored on the moneyline in nine of its last 10 games, and finished 6-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Mets and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- New York’s ATS record is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by bookmakers, Oakland has a record of 4-6.
- The Athletics and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Oakland is 5-5-0 against the spread.
Mets vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jacob deGrom
- When deGrom starts, the Mets have gone 4-5-0 against the spread.
- The Mets have a 6-3 record in deGrom’s nine starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- deGrom’s team has a 6-3 record in his starts this season.
- deGrom has had nine starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and two of those matchups finished over the total.
Projected starter: Ken Waldichuk
- Waldichuk and his team are 1-3-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- He has started four games with his team as the moneyline underdog, and lost each time.
- Waldichuk’s team is winless in the four games he’s started this season.
- The teams have hit the over in each of the four games Waldichuk has started this season.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso paces the Mets with 37 home runs and 121 runs batted in.
- Alonso ranks third in homers and second in RBI among all hitters in MLB action.
- Francisco Lindor is batting .270 with 22 doubles, five triples, 25 home runs and 59 walks.
- Lindor currently ranks 33rd in home runs and seventh in RBI in the majors.
- Lindor has hit safely in nine games in a row. During his last 10 games he is batting .279 with a double, a triple, two home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo is hitting .266 with 28 doubles, seven triples, 14 home runs and 67 walks.
- Nimmo takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .389 with a triple, two walks and three RBI.
- Jeff McNeil’s .317 batting average leads his team.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy is batting .253 with 66 RBI, both of which lead Oakland hitters this season.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Murphy ranks 73rd in homers and 68th in RBI.
- Murphy has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Tony Kemp has 111 hits and an OBP of .312 to go with a slugging percentage of .342 this season.
- Kemp ranks 233rd overall in homers and 166th in RBI this season.
- Seth Brown leads Oakland in home runs with 23. He’s driven in 63 runs and is slugging .441.
- Chad Pinder has collected 79 hits this season and has an OBP of .258. He’s slugging .384 on the year.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.