The Los Angeles Angels (66-85) meet the Minnesota Twins (73-78), after Taylor Ward went deep twice in a 4-2 victory over the Twins, at 7:10 PM ET on Saturday.
The favored Twins (-136 on the moneyline to win) play at home against the Angels (+115). The Minnesota Twins will give the start to Joe Ryan (12-8, 3.61 ERA), who is looking for win No. 13 on the season, and the Angels will counter with Reid Detmers (6-5, 3.71 ERA). The contest has a set total of 7.
Twins vs. Angels Predictions
Twins vs. Angels Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Twins vs. Angels Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Minnesota has a 1-3 record across the four games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Twins and their opponents combined to hit the over two times.
- Minnesota’s ATS record is 3-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- In six games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Los Angeles has a record of 1-5.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Angels and their opponents are 5-5-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Los Angeles has four wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Twins vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Joe Ryan
- The Twins have a 14-13-0 ATS record in Ryan’s 27 starts that had a set spread.
- The Twins have been the moneyline favorite in 17 of Ryan’s starts this season, and they went 13-4 in those matchups.
- In Ryan’s 25 starts, his team is 15-10.
- Ryan has had 27 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 15 of those games hit the over.
Projected starter: Reid Detmers
- Detmers and his team have a record of 14-9-0 against the spread when he starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 6-7.
- Detmers’ team has won nine of his 23 starts this season.
- Games started by Detmers have a 11-10-2 record at hitting the over this season.
Twins Batting Leaders
- Luis Arraez leads the Twins with a team-high batting average of .312.
- Arraez ranks 212th in home runs and 149th in RBI among all batters in MLB action.
- Arraez brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .167 with .
- Carlos Correa is batting .288 with 21 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 58 walks.
- Correa currently ranks 49th in home runs and 85th in RBI in the bigs.
- Correa has safely hit in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .500 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Gio Urshela is hitting .270 with 25 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 38 walks.
- Jose Miranda has racked up 64 runs batted in to pace his team.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Shohei Ohtani leads Los Angeles in runs batted in with 90 and has a batting average of .271.
- Among all batters in the majors, Ohtani’s home run total is 10th, and his RBI total is 18th.
- Ohtani heads into this matchup on a nine-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is batting .333 with five doubles, three walks and two RBI.
- Mike Trout leads Los Angeles in home runs with 36 while driving in 74 runs and slugging .607.
- Trout currently ranks sixth in home runs and 44th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Trout has safely hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .167 with a double, three walks and three RBI.
- Ward’s batting average of .274 leads all Los Angeles hitters this season.
- Ward has hit safely in nine straight games. During his last 10 outings he is batting .378 with two doubles, three home runs, a walk and nine RBI.
- Luis Rengifo has collected 120 hits this season and has an OBP of .303. He’s slugging .443 on the year.
Where To Watch Twins vs. Angels
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.