The Miami Marlins (63-89) have a 2-0 series lead, aiming to sweep the Washington Nationals (52-99) on Sunday at loanDepot park, at 1:40 PM ET.
The Nationals are road underdogs (+152) at the Marlins (-180). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Miami Marlins looking to Edward Cabrera (6-3), and Anibal Sanchez (2-6) answering the bell for the Washington Nationals. The game’s total is set at 7.5.
Marlins vs. Nationals Predictions
Marlins vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Marlins vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Miami played as the moneyline favorite in eight of its last 10 games, and finished 4-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Marlins and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Miami has gone 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Washington has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has won three of those contests.
- The Nationals and their opponents have combined to hit the over just once in their last 10 games with a total.
- Washington has won five of its last 10 games against the spread.
Marlins vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Edward Cabrera
- The Marlins have a 9-3-0 record against the spread in Cabrera’s starts.
- The Marlins won each of Cabrera’s three starts this season that they were favored on the moneyline.
- Cabrera’s team has a 7-5 record over his 12 starts.
- Cabrera’s starts went over the run total six times in 12 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Aníbal Sánchez
- When Sánchez starts, his team is 6-6-0 against the spread this season.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Washington has a record of 5-7 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Sánchez’s team is 5-7 when he starts this season.
- In Sánchez’s 12 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over three times.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Miguel Rojas paces the Marlins with a team-high batting average of .236.
- Rojas’ home runs rank 258th in MLB and he ranks 228th in RBI in MLB.
- Garrett Cooper has capitalized on opportunities as he leads his team with 50 runs batted in.
- Cooper currently ranks 195th in homers and 137th in RBI in the majors.
- Jon Berti is batting .243 with 16 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 38 walks.
- Bryan De La Cruz has 14 doubles, 11 home runs and 18 walks while batting .232.
- De La Cruz has safely hit in six straight games. In his last 10 games he is hitting .389 with three doubles, four home runs, a walk and 14 RBI.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Lane Thomas has been key for Washington with 17 home runs, 52 RBI and a batting average of .247 this season.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Thomas is 80th in homers and 124th in RBI.
- Cesar Hernandez is batting .249 to lead Washington this season.
- Hernandez is 415th overall in homers and 234th in RBI this year.
- Nelson Cruz leads Washington in RBI with 64 while batting .234 with 10 home runs.
- Luke Voit leads Washington in home runs with 21 and runs batted in with 64.
Where To Watch Marlins vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.