The Los Angeles Dodgers clash with the St. Louis Cardinals (89-63) at 9:10 PM ET on Saturday, including a matchup of two of MLB’s most consistent hitters. Freddie Freeman is at .325 (first in league) for the Dodgers, and Paul Goldschmidt ranks second at .320 for the Cardinals.
The favored Dodgers (-187 moneyline odds) play at home against the Cardinals (+159). The Dodgers will start Clayton Kershaw (9-3) versus the Cardinals and Jordan Montgomery (8-5). The over/under in the game is set at 7.5 total runs.
Dodgers vs. Cardinals Predictions
Dodgers vs. Cardinals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Dodgers vs. Cardinals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Los Angeles was the moneyline favorite in 11 of its last 10 games, and finished 7-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups — 11 had a set run total — the Dodgers and their opponents combined to go over the total three times.
- Los Angeles’ ATS record is 4-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- In five games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by oddsmakers, St. Louis has a record of 3-2.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cardinals and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times.
- St. Louis has five wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Dodgers vs. Cardinals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Clayton Kershaw
- The Dodgers have a 13-7-0 record against the spread in Kershaw’s starts.
- The Dodgers are 13-7 in Kershaw’s 20 starts this season with Los Angeles as the moneyline favorite.
- Kershaw’s team is 12-7 over his 19 starts.
- Kershaw’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in eight of 20 contests.
Projected starter: Jordan Montgomery
- Montgomery and his team have a record of 10-20-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team is 1-1 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Montgomery’s team has won 16 of his 30 starts this season.
- In Montgomery’s 30 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 14 times.
Dodgers Batting Leaders
- Freeman paces the Dodgers with a .325 batting average.
- In MLB, Freeman ranks 61st in home runs and 13th in RBI.
- Mookie Betts’ 35 home runs pace his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Betts ranks eighth in home runs and 34th in RBI.
- Trea Turner paces the Dodgers with 97 runs batted in.
- Will Smith is batting .262 with 25 doubles, two triples, 22 home runs and 56 walks.
- Smith enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .375 with a triple, a walk and an RBI.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Goldschmidt leads St. Louis in home runs with 35, runs batted in with 112 and his batting average of .320 is also best on his team.
- Goldschmidt’s home run total ranks eighth in MLB, and he is fourth in RBI.
- Nolan Arenado is batting .293 with an OBP of .356 and a slugging percentage of .535 this season.
- Arenado ranks 18th in home runs and eighth in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- Tommy Edman has collected 148 base hits, an OBP of .322 and a slugging percentage of .401 this season.
- Brendan Donovan has collected 101 hits this season and has an OBP of .391. He’s slugging .380 on the year.
- Donovan takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .125 with a double, a home run, six walks and four RBI.
Where To Watch Dodgers vs. Cardinals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.