The Detroit Tigers (58-92) have a 2-0 series lead and aim to sweep the Chicago White Sox (76-76) on Sunday at Guaranteed Rate Field, at 2:10 PM ET.
The Tigers are an underdog away (+214) versus the White Sox (-263). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Chicago White Sox looking to Dylan Cease (14-7), and Tyler Alexander (4-10) getting the nod for the Detroit Tigers. The contest has an over/under of 7.5.
White Sox vs. Tigers Predictions
White Sox vs. Tigers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
White Sox vs. Tigers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Chicago played as the moneyline favorite in nine of its last 10 games, and finished 3-6 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the White Sox and their opponents combined to hit the over six times.
- Chicago’s ATS record is 2-8-0 over its past 10 games.
- Detroit has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and won five of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Tigers and their opponents are 6-4-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Detroit has a record of 7-3-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
White Sox vs. Tigers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Dylan Cease
- When Cease starts, the White Sox are 17-14-0 against the spread.
- The White Sox are 17-9 in Cease’s 26 starts this season with Chicago as the moneyline favorite.
- Cease’s team is 20-10 over his 30 starts.
- Cease has had 31 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in 15 of those outings.
Projected starter: Tyler Alexander
- When Alexander starts, his team is 3-11-0 against the spread this season.
- His team has won 15.4% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (2-11).
- In games Alexander has started, his team is 2-12.
- Games started by Alexander have a 3-9-2 record at hitting the over this season.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Jose Abreu paces the White Sox in runs batted in (73) and has put up a team-best batting average of .304.
- Among hitters in MLB play, Abreu ranks 101st in homers and 47th in RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn’s 17 home runs and 73 RBI are both team-highs.
- Among all MLB hitters, Vaughn ranks 80th in home runs and 47th in RBI.
- Elvis Andrus is hitting .255 with 31 doubles, 14 home runs and 38 walks.
- A.J. Pollock has 25 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 30 walks while hitting .245.
- Pollock brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with a double, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
Tigers Batting Leaders
- Javier Baez leads Detroit in home runs with 15, runs batted in with 61 and his batting average of .243 is also best on his team.
- In all of MLB, Baez ranks 101st in homers and 80th in RBI.
- Baez brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with a double, a home run and three RBI.
- Harold Castro has 104 hits and an OBP of .295 to go with a slugging percentage of .379 this season.
- Castro is 234th in home runs and 174th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Castro brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .235 with a home run and three RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario has collected 85 base hits, an OBP of .267 and a slugging percentage of .360 this season.
- Jonathan Schoop has collected 90 hits this season and has an OBP of .233. He’s slugging .324 on the year.
Where To Watch White Sox vs. Tigers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.