The Chicago White Sox hope to break their four-game losing run against the Detroit Tigers (57-92), on Saturday at 7:10 PM ET.
The favored White Sox (-189 moneyline odds to win) play at home against the Tigers (+159). The White Sox will start Davis Martin (2-4) versus the Tigers and Drew Hutchison (2-9). The game’s over/under is set at 8.5.
White Sox vs. Tigers Predictions
White Sox vs. Tigers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
White Sox vs. Tigers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Chicago was the moneyline favorite in nine of its last 10 games, and went 4-5 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the White Sox and their opponents combined to hit the over five times.
- Chicago’s record against the spread is 3-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- Detroit has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 4-6 in those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Tigers and their opponents are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Detroit has won six of its last 10 games against the spread.
White Sox vs. Tigers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Davis Martin
- The White Sox have failed to cover in each of the nine games Martin has started that had a spread set by bookmakers.
- The White Sox have a 2-4 record in Martin’s six starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Martin’s team has won two of his six starts.
- Martin has had nine starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in two of those matchups.
Projected starter: Drew Hutchison
- Hutchison’s team is 7-9-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 5-10.
- Hutchison’s team has won five of his 16 starts.
- Out of Hutchison’s 16 starts with a total this season, seven have hit the over.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Jose Abreu paces the White Sox in runs batted in (73) and has accumulated a team-best batting average of .307.
- Among all batters in MLB action, Abreu’s home run total ranks 101st and his RBI tally ranks 46th.
- Abreu brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .238 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn has hit 17 home runs with 73 RBI. Both lead his team.
- Vaughn ranks 78th in home runs among hitters in baseball and 46th in RBI.
- Elvis Andrus has 31 doubles, 14 home runs and 38 walks while batting .257.
- Andrus has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .273 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- A.J. Pollock is hitting .242 with 24 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 30 walks.
Tigers Batting Leaders
- Javier Baez is batting .240 with 14 home runs and 58 RBI. All three of those stats lead Detroit hitters this season.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Baez’s home run total is 113th, and his RBI total is 93rd.
- Harold Castro has 101 hits and an OBP of .291 to go with a slugging percentage of .368 this season.
- Among all major league hitters, Castro is 256th in home runs and 190th in RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario has collected 83 base hits, an OBP of .264 and a slugging percentage of .357 this season.
- Jonathan Schoop has collected 90 hits this season and has an OBP of .233. He’s slugging .324 on the year.
Where To Watch White Sox vs. Tigers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.