The Cleveland Guardians (83-67) ride a four-game winning streak into a home matchup versus the Texas Rangers (65-84), at 8:05 PM ET on Friday.
Oddsmakers project the Rangers as a tight favorite (-119 to win on the moneyline) against the Guardians (-100). The starting pitchers are Jon Gray (7-7) for the Texas Rangers, and Cody Morris (0-2) for the Cleveland Guardians. The game’s total is 7.5.
Rangers vs. Guardians Predictions
Rangers vs. Guardians Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Rangers vs. Guardians Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Texas was the moneyline favorite for five of its last 10 games, and went 3-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Rangers and their opponents combined to hit the over six times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Texas has put together a 4-6-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In three games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by oddsmakers, Cleveland has a record of 2-1.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Guardians and their opponents are 6-4-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Over its last 10 games, Cleveland is 6-4-0 against the spread.
Rangers vs. Guardians Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jon Gray
- The Rangers have a 13-8-0 record against the spread in Gray’s starts.
- The Rangers have been the moneyline favorite in six of Gray’s starts this season, and they went 3-3 in those games.
- Gray’s team is 10-11 in his 21 starts.
- Gray’s starts went over the run total 12 times in 21 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Cody Morris
- When Morris starts, his team is 1-3-0 against the spread this season.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Morris’ team has won one of his four starts.
- The teams have not yet hit the over in any of the four games Morris has started this season.
Rangers Batting Leaders
- Marcus Semien has 31 doubles, five triples, 23 home runs and 50 walks while hitting .254.
- Among all batters in baseball, Semien’s home run total ranks 40th and his RBI tally ranks 37th.
- Corey Seager’s 32 home runs pace his team.
- Seager currently ranks 11th in homers and 29th in RBI in the bigs.
- Seager takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Nate Lowe has accumulated a team-high batting average of .307.
- Lowe takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Adolis Garcia has made the most of his opportunities as he leads his team with 95 RBI.
- Garcia brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .235 with a double, two walks and three RBI.
Guardians Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in home runs with 28 and runs batted in with 117.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Ramirez’s home run total is 21st, and his RBI total is third.
- Steven Kwan has collected 154 hits this season and has an OBP of .373. He’s slugging .396 on the year.
- Kwan is 281st among hitters in MLB in home runs, and 171st in RBI.
- Kwan enters this game on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is batting .348 with a double, two triples, a home run, four walks and five RBI.
- Amed Rosario has 168 hits this season and a slash line of .281/.313/.402.
- Rosario takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .227 with a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Andres Gimenez leads Cleveland with a .301 batting average. He’s also hit 16 homers and has 66 RBI.
- Gimenez has safely hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with a triple, two walks and four RBI.
Where To Watch Rangers vs. Guardians
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.