Whit Merrifield leads the Toronto Blue Jays (84-66) into a contest versus the Tampa Bay Rays (83-67), after his two-homer showing in a 10-5 defeat to the Rays, starting at 7:10 PM ET on Friday.
Oddsmakers project the Rays as a small favorite (-117 to win on the moneyline) against the Blue Jays (-102). The Rays will start Jeffrey Springs (9-4) against the Blue Jays and Mitch White. The game’s over/under is 7.
Rays vs. Blue Jays Predictions
Rays vs. Blue Jays Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Rays vs. Blue Jays Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Tampa Bay played as the moneyline favorite for five of its last 10 games, and finished 2-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Rays and their opponents combined to hit the over four times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Tampa Bay is 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Toronto has been the underdog once in the past 10 games and lost that contest.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Blue Jays and their opponents are 6-3-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Toronto has a record of 6-4-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Rays vs. Blue Jays Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jeffrey Springs
- The Rays have gone 11-11-0 against the spread when Springs starts.
- The Rays are 12-4 in Springs’ 16 starts this season with Tampa Bay as the moneyline favorite.
- Springs’ team is 16-6 in his 22 starts.
- Springs’ starts with a set total this season have hit the over in five of 22 contests.
Projected starter: Mitch White
- The right-hander did not appear in a game when his team was the moneyline underdog last season.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Yandy Diaz leads the Rays with a .292 batting average.
- Diaz’s home runs rank 191st in MLB and he ranks 112th in RBI in MLB.
- Randy Arozarena has made the most of his opportunities as he leads his team with 81 runs batted in.
- Arozarena currently ranks 64th in home runs and 30th in RBI in the majors.
- Arozarena has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .381 with three doubles, two walks and three RBI.
- Isaac Paredes paces the Rays with 20 home runs.
- Harold Ramirez has 22 doubles, six home runs and 18 walks while batting .307.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads Toronto in home runs this season with 30 while driving in 88 runs.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Guerrero’s home run total is 16th, and his RBI total is 19th.
- Bo Bichette leads Toronto in runs batted in (90) this season. He’s batting .285 while slugging .475.
- Bichette is 38th among hitters in MLB in homers, and 17th in RBI.
- Bichette has safely hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with a double, three walks and two RBI.
- George Springer is slashing .263/.341/.459 this season for the Blue Jays.
- Springer has safely hit in six games in a row. During his last 10 games he is batting .293 with three doubles, a triple, two home runs, two walks and nine RBI.
- Alejandro Kirk leads Toronto in batting average (.298) this season while adding 13 home runs and 61 RBI.
- Kirk enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with four walks and four RBI.
Where To Watch Rays vs. Blue Jays
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.