The Washington Nationals (52-98) visit the Miami Marlins (62-89) at 6:10 PM ET on Saturday.
The Nationals are an away underdog (+195) versus the Marlins (-239). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Miami Marlins looking to Sandy Alcantara (13-8), and Erick Fedde (6-10) getting the nod for the Washington Nationals. The over/under for the game is set at 7 total runs.
Marlins vs. Nationals Predictions
Marlins vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Marlins vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Miami was favored on the moneyline in eight of its last 10 games, and went 3-5 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups — all had a set run total — the Marlins and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times.
- Miami has gone 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Washington has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and won three of those contests.
- The Nationals and their opponents have combined to hit the over two times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Washington has won five of its last 10 games against the spread.
Marlins vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Sandy Alcantara
- When Alcantara starts, the Marlins are 16-14-0 against the spread.
- The Marlins are 12-5 in Alcantara’s 17 starts this season with Miami as the moneyline favorite.
- Alcantara’s team has an 18-12 record in his starts this season.
- Alcantara’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 11 of 30 contests.
Projected starter: Erick Fedde
- Fedde and his team have a record of 14-10-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has won 50% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (11-11).
- Fedde’s team has won 12 of his 24 starts this season.
- Out of Fedde’s 24 starts with a total this season, 12 have hit the over.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Miguel Rojas has put up a team-high batting average of .236.
- Among all batters in MLB play, Rojas’ home run total ranks 255th and his RBI tally ranks 230th.
- Garrett Cooper’s 50 runs batted in are a team-high mark.
- Cooper ranks 193rd in home runs and 135th in RBI this season.
- Cooper brings a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is batting .263 with five doubles, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Jon Berti has 16 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 38 walks while batting .246.
- Nick Fortes is batting .254 with six doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 15 walks.
- Fortes enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Lane Thomas leads Washington with a batting average of .249. He’s also hit 17 home runs with 52 RBI.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Thomas ranks 78th in home runs and 123rd in RBI.
- Cesar Hernandez leads Washington in batting with a .249 average.
- Hernandez ranks 414th in home runs and 230th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Nelson Cruz is among the top hitters for Washington with a .234 average, 10 homers and 64 RBI.
- Luke Voit leads Washington in home runs with 21 and runs batted in with 64.
Where To Watch Marlins vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.