The Miami Marlins (61-89) and Washington Nationals (52-97) square off in the first of a three-game series on Friday at loanDepot park, at 6:40 PM ET. The Marlins are coming off a series defeat to the Cubs, and the Nationals a series loss to the Braves.
The Marlins are favored at home (-135) against the Nationals (+115). The Marlins will start Braxton Garrett (2-6) against the Nationals and Josiah Gray (7-9). The over/under for this game is 7.
Marlins vs. Nationals Predictions
Marlins vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Marlins vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Miami has a 2-5 record from the seven games it was favored on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Marlins and their opponents combined to hit the over five times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Miami has a 4-6-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by oddsmakers, Washington has a record of 3-7.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Nationals and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times.
- Washington has won five of its last 10 games against the spread.
Marlins vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Braxton Garrett
- The Marlins have a 6-8-0 record against the spread in Garrett’s starts.
- The Marlins are 3-1 in Garrett’s four starts this season with Miami as the moneyline favorite.
- Garrett’s team has a 6-8 record in his 14 starts.
- Garrett has started 14 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in three of them.
Projected starter: Josiah Gray
- Gray’s team is 15-11-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 10-12.
- Gray’s team has a 12-14 record in his starts this season.
- In Gray’s 26 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 13 times.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Miguel Rojas has put up a team-best batting average of .238.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Rojas’ home run total ranks 255th and his RBI tally ranks 231st.
- Garrett Cooper’s 49 runs batted in are a team-high mark.
- Cooper ranks 192nd in home runs and 140th in RBI among hitters in baseball.
- Cooper has safely hit in five straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Jon Berti has 15 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 38 walks while hitting .244.
- Nick Fortes is hitting .247 with six doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 14 walks.
- Fortes heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Lane Thomas has been key for Washington with 16 home runs, 51 RBI and a batting average of .249 this season.
- In all of MLB, Thomas ranks 90th in home runs and 127th in RBI.
- Cesar Hernandez is batting .251 to lead Washington this season.
- Hernandez ranks 413th in home runs and 231st in RBI among all major league batters this season.
- Hernandez takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with two walks and two RBI.
- Luke Voit leads the club in homers (21) and runs batted in (64) this season.
- Nelson Cruz is a key run producer for Washington with a .234 average, 10 homers and 64 RBI.
Where To Watch Marlins vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.