A pair of the league’s top sluggers square off when the Los Angeles Dodgers (104-46) and St. Louis Cardinals (88-63) meet at Dodger Stadium, at 10:10 PM ET on Friday. Mookie Betts has 35 home runs (eighth in league) for the Dodgers, and Paul Goldschmidt ranks eighth with 35 round-trippers for the Cardinals.
The favored Dodgers (-170 on the moneyline to win) take the field at home against the Cardinals (+146). The Los Angeles Dodgers will give the start to Andrew Heaney (3-2, 2.66 ERA), who is looking for win No. 4 on the season, and the Cardinals will turn to Jose Quintana (5-6, 3.16 ERA). The over/under for the game is set at 8.5 total runs.
Dodgers vs. Cardinals Predictions
Dodgers vs. Cardinals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Dodgers vs. Cardinals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Los Angeles has an 8-3 record from the 11 games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Dodgers and their opponents combined to go over the total two times (11 of the 10 games had set totals).
- Los Angeles’ ATS record is 5-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- St. Louis has played as the underdog in four of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cardinals and their opponents are 3-7-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- St. Louis has a record of 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Dodgers vs. Cardinals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Andrew Heaney
- The Dodgers have an 8-5-0 ATS record in Heaney’s 13 starts that had a set spread.
- The Dodgers have been the moneyline favorite in 12 of Heaney’s starts this season, and they went 10-2 in those games.
- Heaney’s team has compiled a 10-3 record over his 13 starts.
- Heaney has had 13 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and nine of those games finished over the total.
Projected starter: José Quintana
- Quintana’s team is 19-11-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team has won 47.4% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (9-10).
- Quintana’s team has an 18-11 record in his starts this season.
- In games Quintana has started this season, the teams are 13-14-3 at hitting the over.
Dodgers Batting Leaders
- Freddie Freeman paces the Dodgers with a .325 batting average.
- Freeman ranks 59th in home runs and 12th in RBI among all batters in MLB play.
- Betts has put his power on display as he leads his team with 35 home runs.
- Among all MLB batters, Betts ranks eighth in home runs and 33rd in RBI.
- Betts brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .143 with a home run and two RBI.
- Trea Turner has sent home a team-high 97 runs batted in.
- Will Smith is batting .262 with 25 doubles, two triples, 22 home runs and 56 walks.
- Smith heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .412 with a double, a triple, a walk and an RBI.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Goldschmidt leads St. Louis in batting average (.321), home runs (35) and runs batted in (112) this season.
- Goldschmidt ranks eighth in homers and fourth in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Nolan Arenado has 157 hits and an OBP of .359 to go with a slugging percentage of .540 this season.
- Arenado currently ranks 18th in homers and eighth in RBI in the major leagues.
- Tommy Edman has 147 hits this season and a slash line of .265/.322/.402.
- Brendan Donovan is batting .279 with an OBP of .390 and a slugging percentage of .377 this season.
Where To Watch Dodgers vs. Cardinals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.