The Chicago White Sox (76-74) bring a three-game losing run into a home matchup versus the Detroit Tigers (56-92), at 8:10 PM ET on Friday.
The Tigers are an underdog (+153 moneyline odds) when they take the field at the White Sox (-181). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Chicago White Sox looking to Lucas Giolito (10-9), and Eduardo Rodriguez (3-5) answering the bell for the Detroit Tigers. The total in the game is set at 7.5 total runs.
White Sox vs. Tigers Predictions
White Sox vs. Tigers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
White Sox vs. Tigers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Chicago went 4-5 over the nine games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the White Sox and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times.
- Chicago’s ATS record is 3-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Detroit has a record of 3-7.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Tigers and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times.
- Detroit has a record of 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
White Sox vs. Tigers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Lucas Giolito
- The White Sox have an 11-16-0 ATS record in Giolito’s 27 starts with a set spread.
- The White Sox have a 9-11 record in Giolito’s 20 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Giolito’s team is 11-16 in his 27 starts.
- Giolito has had 27 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in 17 of those games.
Projected starter: Eduardo Rodriguez
- When Rodríguez starts, his team is 8-6-0 against the spread this season.
- His team is 3-10 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Rodríguez’s team is 4-10 when he starts this season.
- Games started by Rodríguez have a 7-5-2 record at hitting the over this season.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Jose Abreu leads the White Sox with a team-high batting average of .308.
- In MLB action, Abreu ranks 99th in homers and 46th in RBI.
- Abreu takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .190 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn has put his power on display as he paces his team with 17 home runs and 73 runs batted in.
- Vaughn currently ranks 78th in homers and 44th in RBI in the bigs.
- Elvis Andrus has 31 doubles, 14 home runs and 38 walks while hitting .256.
- A.J. Pollock has 24 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 29 walks while hitting .242.
Tigers Batting Leaders
- Javier Baez is batting .240 with 14 home runs and 58 RBI. All three of those stats lead Detroit hitters this season.
- Baez ranks 112th in home runs and 89th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Harold Castro has collected 101 hits this season and has an OBP of .291. He’s slugging .368 on the year.
- Castro is 254th in home runs and 189th in RBI among all major league batters this year.
- Jeimer Candelario is slashing .207/.264/.357 this season for the Tigers.
- Willi Castro has 83 hits and an OBP of .278 to go with a slugging percentage of .355 this season.
Where To Watch White Sox vs. Tigers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.