The Tampa Bay Rays (82-67) hope to break their three-game losing run against the Toronto Blue Jays (84-65), at 6:40 PM ET on Thursday.
The Blue Jays are favored (-135 on the moneyline to win) when they visit the Rays (+115). The scheduled starters are Jose Berrios (11-5) for the Toronto Blue Jays, and JT Chargois (2-0) for the Tampa Bay Rays. The matchup has an over/under set at 7.5 total runs.
Blue Jays vs. Rays Predictions
Blue Jays vs. Rays Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Blue Jays vs. Rays Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Toronto was favored on the moneyline in nine of its last 10 games, and finished 6-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups — all had a set run total — the Blue Jays and their opponents combined to go over the total five times.
- Toronto’s ATS record is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- In five games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Tampa Bay has a record of 2-3.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Rays and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times.
- Over its last 10 games, Tampa Bay is 4-6-0 against the spread.
Blue Jays vs. Rays Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: José Berríos
- The Blue Jays have a 15-14-0 ATS record in Berrios’ 29 starts that had a set spread.
- The Blue Jays have been the moneyline favorite in 24 of Berrios’ starts this season, and they went 19-5 in those games.
- Berrios’ team has put together a 22-7 record over his 29 starts.
- Berrios has started 29 games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 17 of them.
Projected starter: JT Chargois
- Chargois has a record of 2-0-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Chargois’ team is 1-1 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Chargois this season, the teams hit the over.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads the Blue Jays with 30 home runs.
- Guerrero ranks 16th in home runs and 19th in RBI among all hitters in MLB play.
- Guerrero enters this game on a 14-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .302 with three doubles, three home runs, two walks and six RBI.
- Bo Bichette’s 89 runs batted in pace his team.
- Bichette ranks 38th in home runs and 17th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Bichette enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .238 with three walks and an RBI.
- George Springer is batting .261 with 22 doubles, three triples, 21 home runs and 51 walks.
- Springer takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .318 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and seven RBI.
- Alejandro Kirk has a club-best .299 batting average.
- Kirk heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with four walks and four RBI.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Yandy Diaz leads Tampa Bay with a batting average of .292. He’s also hit nine home runs with 54 RBI.
- In all of MLB, Diaz ranks 191st in homers and 111th in RBI.
- Randy Arozarena leads Tampa Bay in runs batted in (79) this season. He’s batting .266 while slugging .447.
- Arozarena is 64th in homers and 33rd in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Isaac Paredes leads Tampa Bay in home runs with 20. He’s driven in 45 runs and is slugging .470.
- Harold Ramirez has collected 112 hits this season and has an OBP of .349. He’s slugging .416 on the year.
Where To Watch Blue Jays vs. Rays
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.