The Texas Rangers (64-84) and Los Angeles Angels (65-84) square off on Thursday at 2:05 PM ET at Globe Life Field, attempting to break a 1-1 series tie.
The Angels are an underdog away (+123) versus the Rangers (-144). The Rangers will give the ball to Martin Perez (12-6) against the Angels and Michael Lorenzen (7-6). The game’s total is 8.
Rangers vs. Angels Predictions
Rangers vs. Angels Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Rangers vs. Angels Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Texas was the moneyline favorite for four of its last 10 games, and went 2-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Rangers and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times.
- Texas’ record against the spread is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- In seven games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Los Angeles has a record of 1-6.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Angels and their opponents have failed to hit the over four times.
- Los Angeles has a record of 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Rangers vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Martín Pérez
- The Rangers are 22-7-0 against the spread when Pérez starts.
- The Rangers are 10-4 in Pérez’s 14 starts this season with Texas as the moneyline favorite.
- In Pérez’s 29 starts, his team is 19-10.
- Pérez has started 29 games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 15 of them.
Projected starter: Michael Lorenzen
- Lorenzen and his team are 7-8-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team is 2-5 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Lorenzen’s team has won seven of his 15 starts.
- Games started by Lorenzen have a 11-4-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Rangers Batting Leaders
- Marcus Semien is hitting .252 with 30 doubles, five triples, 23 home runs and 49 walks.
- In MLB play, Semien ranks 40th in homers and 38th in RBI.
- Corey Seager’s 31 home runs lead his team.
- Seager ranks 12th in home runs and 31st in RBI among MLB batters this season.
- Seager takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Adolis Garcia has collected a team-best 94 runs batted in.
- Nate Lowe has a club-leading .308 batting average.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Shohei Ohtani leads Los Angeles in runs batted in with 89 and has a batting average of .270.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Ohtani’s home run total is 10th, and his RBI total is 17th.
- Ohtani enters this game on a seven-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .343 with five doubles, a home run, five walks and three RBI.
- Mike Trout leads Los Angeles in home runs with 36 while driving in 71 runs and slugging .610.
- Trout is sixth overall in home runs and 50th in RBI this season.
- Taylor Ward’s batting average of .273 leads all Los Angeles hitters this season.
- Ward has safely hit in seven straight games. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .353 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and six RBI.
- Luis Rengifo has collected 118 hits this season and has an OBP of .305. He’s slugging .449 on the year.
- Rengifo takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with two home runs and three RBI.
Where To Watch Rangers vs. Angels
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.