The St. Louis Cardinals (87-63) bring a three-game losing streak into a home matchup versus the San Diego Padres (83-66), at 4:10 PM ET on Thursday.
The Cardinals (+122 underdog moneyline odds) visit the Padres (-143). The starting pitchers are Joe Musgrove (10-7) for the San Diego Padres, and Jack Flaherty (0-1) for the St. Louis Cardinals. The contest has a set total of 7.5.
Padres vs. Cardinals Predictions
Padres vs. Cardinals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Padres vs. Cardinals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Diego was favored on the moneyline in five of its last 10 games, and went 4-1 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Padres and their opponents combined to hit the over three times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- San Diego’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- St. Louis has played as the underdog in three of its past 10 games and has won one of those contests.
- The Cardinals and their opponents have combined to hit the over two times in their last 10 games with a total.
- St. Louis has won three of its last 10 games against the spread.
Padres vs. Cardinals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Joe Musgrove
- The Padres are 13-14-0 against the spread when Musgrove starts.
- The Padres have been the moneyline favorite in 20 of Musgrove’s starts this season, and they went 14-6 in those games.
- Musgrove’s team is 18-9 in his 27 starts.
- Musgrove’s starts hit the over on the run total 16 times in 27 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Jack Flaherty
- Flaherty and his team have a record of 2-4-0 against the spread when he starts.
- This will be his first start this season with his team as the moneyline underdog.
- Flaherty’s team has won three of his six starts this season.
- Games Flaherty has started this season hit the over four times in six chances.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Juan Soto is hitting .242 with 22 doubles, two triples, 25 home runs and 127 walks.
- Soto ranks 32nd in home runs and 85th in RBI among all hitters in MLB play.
- Soto takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .444 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and six RBI.
- Manny Machado has put his power on display as he paces his team with 29 home runs and 93 RBI, with a team-high .296 batting average.
- Machado ranks 17th in home runs and 14th in RBI this season.
- Josh Bell has 29 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 72 walks while hitting .272.
- Brandon Drury has 28 doubles, two triples, 27 home runs and 34 walks while hitting .262.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis in home runs with 35, runs batted in with 112 and his batting average of .320 is also best on his team.
- In all of MLB, Goldschmidt is seventh in homers and fourth in RBI.
- Nolan Arenado has collected 155 hits this season and has an OBP of .358. He’s slugging .539 on the year.
- Arenado ranks 17th in home runs and eighth in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- Tommy Edman is slashing .267/.323/.405 this season for the Cardinals.
- Brendan Donovan has collected 99 hits this season and has an OBP of .390. He’s slugging .370 on the year.
Where To Watch Padres vs. Cardinals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.