A pair of the league’s best power hitters face off when the Philadelphia Phillies (82-67) and Atlanta Braves (93-57) meet at Citizens Bank Park, at 7:05 PM ET on Friday. Kyle Schwarber has 40 homers (second in league) for the Phillies, and Austin Riley ranks third with 37 round-trippers for the Braves.
The Braves (+130 underdog moneyline odds) visit the Phillies (-153). The starting pitchers are Aaron Nola (9-12) for the Philadelphia Phillies, and Jake Odorizzi (5-5) for the Atlanta Braves. The over/under for the game is 7.5 total runs.
Phillies vs. Braves Predictions
Phillies vs. Braves Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Phillies vs. Braves Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Philadelphia was the moneyline favorite in five of its last 10 games, and finished 3-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Phillies and their opponents combined to go over the total four times.
- Philadelphia’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Over the past 10 games, Atlanta has been the underdog just once and won that contest.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Braves and their opponents are 1-9-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Atlanta has won five of its last 10 games against the spread.
Phillies vs. Braves Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Aaron Nola
- The Phillies have gone 11-18-0 ATS in Nola’s 29 starts with a set spread.
- The Phillies have a 13-11 record in Nola’s 24 starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Over Nola’s 29 starts, his team is 13-16.
- Nola has had 29 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and 15 of those matchups finished over the total.
Projected starter: Jake Odorizzi
- Odorizzi’s team is 6-13-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team is 2-5 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Odorizzi’s team has won 10 of his 19 starts this season.
- Games started by Odorizzi have a 8-9-2 record at hitting the over this season.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- J.T. Realmuto is hitting .276 with 24 doubles, five triples, 21 home runs and 41 walks.
- Realmuto’s home runs rank 49th in MLB and he ranks 30th in RBI in MLB.
- Realmuto heads into this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .474 with a double, three home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Schwarber has hit 40 home runs with 85 RBI. Both are team-highs.
- Schwarber currently ranks second in home runs and 23rd in RBI in the bigs.
- Rhys Hoskins is batting .246 with 29 doubles, two triples, 28 home runs and 67 walks.
- Alec Bohm has a club-high .287 batting average.
- Bohm heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .318 with a home run, a walk and an RBI.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Riley leads Atlanta in batting average (.280), home runs (37) and runs batted in (92) this season.
- In all of MLB, Riley ranks third in home runs and 15th in RBI.
- Riley has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .333 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Matt Olson has collected 135 hits this season and has an OBP of .321. He’s slugging .454 on the year.
- Olson ranks 21st among batters in MLB in homers, and 16th in RBI.
- Dansby Swanson has collected 164 base hits, an OBP of .332 and a slugging percentage of .439 this season.
- Michael Harris II has collected 113 hits this season and has an OBP of .344. He’s slugging .531 on the year.
Where To Watch Phillies vs. Braves
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.