The Minnesota Twins (73-76) will try to stop a three-game losing streak when visiting the Kansas City Royals (60-88) at 2:10 PM ET on Thursday.
The Royals (+110 underdog on the moneyline to win) hit the field versus the Twins (-131). The scheduled starters are Josh Winder (4-4) for the Minnesota Twins, and Jonathan Heasley (3-8) for the Kansas City Royals. The game’s over/under is 8.
Twins vs. Royals Predictions
Twins vs. Royals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Twins vs. Royals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Minnesota went 3-2 across the five games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Twins and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total three times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Minnesota’s record against the spread is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- In eight games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by oddsmakers, Kansas City has a record of 3-5.
- The Royals and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Kansas City has six wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Twins vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Josh Winder
- When Winder starts, the Twins are 4-4-0 against the spread.
- The Twins have been the moneyline favorite in three of Winder’s starts this season, and they went 2-1 in those matchups.
- Winder’s team has won four of his eight starts.
- Winder’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in three of eight contests.
Projected starter: Jonathan Heasley
- When Heasley starts, his team is 8-11-0 against the spread this season.
- His team is 5-13 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Heasley’s team has won five of his 18 starts.
- In Heasley’s 19 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 11 times.
Twins Batting Leaders
- Luis Arraez leads the Twins with a .313 batting average.
- In baseball, Arraez ranks 208th in homers and 146th in RBI.
- Carlos Correa has 21 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 58 walks while batting .289.
- Among all MLB hitters, Correa ranks 49th in homers and 82nd in RBI.
- Correa takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .429 with a double, three walks and two RBI.
- Gio Urshela is batting .273 with 25 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 35 walks.
- Urshela brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a double, two walks and three RBI.
- Jose Miranda has racked up 64 runs batted in to lead his team.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Bobby Witt Jr. is batting .252 with 76 RBI, both of which are tops among Kansas City hitters this season.
- Witt Jr.’s home run total ranks 58th in the majors, and he is 38th in RBI.
- Witt Jr. heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .364 with a double and four RBI.
- MJ Melendez has 91 hits and an OBP of .318 to go with a slugging percentage of .407 this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Melendez ranks 78th in homers and 93rd in RBI.
- Melendez heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with two doubles, a triple, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Salvador Perez’s 22 home runs lead all Kansas City hitters, and he’s slugging .469.
- Perez heads into this game on a seven-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .385 with two doubles, two home runs and seven RBI.
- Hunter Dozier is batting .232 with an OBP of .290 and a slugging percentage of .377 this season.
Where To Watch Twins vs. Royals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.