The Houston Astros (99-51) visit the Baltimore Orioles (77-71) to kick off a four-game series at Oriole Park at Camden Yards, with first pitch at 7:05 PM ET on Thursday. The Astros are coming off a series victory over the Rays, and the Orioles a series loss to the Tigers.
The Astros are the road favorite (-193) versus the Orioles (+164). The Astros will give the ball to Justin Verlander (17-3) against the Orioles and Kyle Bradish (3-7). The matchup has an over/under set at 7 total runs.
Astros vs. Orioles Predictions
Astros vs. Orioles Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Orioles Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston was the moneyline favorite in eight of its last 10 games, and finished 7-1 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Astros and their opponents combined to hit the over three times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Houston has gone 8-2-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In three games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, Baltimore has a record of 1-2.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Orioles and their opponents have failed to hit the over five times.
- Baltimore is 3-7-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Astros vs. Orioles Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Justin Verlander
- When Verlander starts, the Astros have gone 16-9-0 against the spread.
- The Astros are 18-5 in Verlander’s 23 starts this season with Houston as the moneyline favorite.
- Verlander’s team has a 19-6 record in his starts this season.
- Verlander has had 25 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in five of those matchups.
Projected starter: Kyle Bradish
- Bradish and his team have a record of 14-6-0 against the spread when he starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Baltimore has a record of 10-7 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Bradish’s team is 12-8 when he starts this season.
- In games Bradish has started this season, the teams are 11-7-2 at hitting the over.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez paces the Astros with 37 home runs while racking up a team-best batting average of .302.
- Among all batters in baseball, Alvarez’s home run total ranks third and his RBI tally ranks 11th.
- Alex Bregman has 38 doubles, 21 home runs and 82 walks while hitting .267.
- Bregman ranks 49th in home runs and 19th in RBI among hitters in MLB.
- Kyle Tucker has accumulated a team-high 102 runs batted in.
- Tucker has hit safely in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with a double, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Jose Altuve is hitting .293 with 33 doubles, 25 home runs and 61 walks.
- Altuve heads into this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .471 with a home run, two walks and an RBI.
Orioles Batting Leaders
- Anthony Santander leads Baltimore in home runs this season with 27 while driving in 79 runs.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Santander is 25th in home runs and 33rd in RBI.
- Cedric Mullins is batting .260 to lead Baltimore, while adding 14 homers and 55 runs batted in this season.
- Mullins is 111th overall in homers and 108th in RBI this year.
- Ryan Mountcastle leads Baltimore in RBI with 80 while batting .243 with 22 home runs.
- Austin Hays is batting .249 with an OBP of .308 and a slugging percentage of .410 this season.
- Hays brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .231 with five walks.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Orioles
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.