The Texas Rangers (63-84) bring a three-game losing run into a home matchup versus the Los Angeles Angels (65-83), at 8:05 PM ET on Wednesday.
The favored Rangers (-148 on the moneyline) take the field at home against the Angels (+126). The Texas Rangers will hand the ball to Dane Dunning (3-8, 4.49 ERA), who is looking for win No. 4 on the season, and the Angels will turn to Tucker Davidson (2-6, 6.96 ERA). The matchup has an over/under set at 8.5 total runs.
Rangers vs. Angels Predictions
Rangers vs. Angels Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Rangers vs. Angels Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Texas has a 1-2 record over the three games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Rangers and their opponents combined to hit the over five times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Texas’ record against the spread is 3-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- Los Angeles has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 2-5 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Angels and their opponents have failed to hit the over five times.
- Los Angeles has five wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Rangers vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Dane Dunning
- When Dunning starts, the Rangers have gone 15-13-0 against the spread.
- The Rangers are 2-8 in Dunning’s 10 starts this season with Texas as the moneyline favorite.
- Dunning’s team has won eight of his 28 starts.
- Dunning has had 28 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in 11 of those matchups.
Projected starter: Tucker Davidson
- Davidson’s team is 4-5-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team has been victorious in 37.5% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 3-5.
- Davidson’s team is 3-6 when he starts this season.
- Games Davidson has started this season hit the over five times in nine chances.
Rangers Batting Leaders
- Marcus Semien is hitting .253 with 30 doubles, five triples, 23 home runs and 49 walks.
- Semien ranks 40th in homers and 38th in RBI among all batters in MLB play.
- Semien takes an eight-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is batting .405 with five doubles, a triple, two home runs, two walks and eight RBI.
- Corey Seager has shown off his power as he leads his team with 31 home runs.
- Seager ranks 12th in homers and 30th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Seager enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .150 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Nate Lowe leads the Rangers with a team-high batting average of .306.
- Adolis Garcia has capitalized on opportunities as he leads his team with 92 runs batted in.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Shohei Ohtani leads Los Angeles in runs batted in with 89 and has a batting average of .268.
- Among all batters in the majors, Ohtani’s home run total is ninth, and his RBI total is 17th.
- Ohtani enters this game on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is batting .286 with five doubles, a home run, five walks and three RBI.
- Mike Trout’s 36 home runs are most among Los Angeles batters. He’s driven in 71 runs this season while slugging .613.
- Among all major league batters, Trout is sixth in home runs and 49th in RBI.
- Taylor Ward is batting .272 to lead Los Angeles, while adding 18 homers and 55 runs batted in this season.
- Ward has hit safely in six games in a row. In his last 10 games he is batting .400 with two doubles, three walks and five RBI.
- Luis Rengifo is batting .275 with an OBP of .306 and a slugging percentage of .451 this season.
- Rengifo enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .350 with four home runs and seven RBI.
Where To Watch Rangers vs. Angels
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.