Brendan Donovan has 99 hits, and will try to notch his 100th when his St. Louis Cardinals (87-62) play the San Diego Padres (82-66) at 9:40 PM ET on Wednesday.
The Padres are favored (-124 on the moneyline to win) when they host the Cardinals (+104). The Padres will give the ball to Blake Snell (7-9) versus the Cardinals and Miles Mikolas (11-12). The over/under for this game is set at 7.5.
Padres vs. Cardinals Predictions
Padres vs. Cardinals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Padres vs. Cardinals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Diego has a 3-1 record across the four games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Padres and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- San Diego is 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Over the past 10 games, St. Louis has been the underdog twice and split those games 1-1.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cardinals and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times.
- St. Louis has a record of 3-7-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Padres vs. Cardinals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Blake Snell
- When Snell starts, the Padres are 8-14-0 against the spread.
- The Padres are 7-9 in Snell’s 16 starts this season with San Diego as the moneyline favorite.
- Snell’s team is 8-14 in his 22 starts.
- Snell’s starts hit the over on the run total nine times in 22 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Miles Mikolas
- Mikolas and his team are 17-14-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has won 50% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (5-5).
- In games Mikolas has started, his team is 17-13.
- Games Mikolas has started this season hit the over 13 times in 31 chances.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado has racked up a team-high batting average of .297, and paces the Padres in home runs (29) and runs batted in (93).
- Among all hitters in MLB action, Machado’s home run total ranks 16th and his RBI tally ranks 13th.
- Machado enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Juan Soto is hitting .242 with 22 doubles, two triples, 25 home runs and 126 walks.
- Soto currently ranks 32nd in home runs and 84th in RBI in the bigs.
- Soto brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and six RBI.
- Josh Bell has 29 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 72 walks while batting .274.
- Brandon Drury is hitting .263 with 28 doubles, two triples, 27 home runs and 34 walks.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt is batting .322 with 35 home runs and 112 RBI. All three of those stats rank first among St. Louis hitters this season.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Goldschmidt ranks seventh in homers and fourth in RBI.
- Nolan Arenado has 155 hits and an OBP of .359 to go with a slugging percentage of .542 this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Arenado ranks 16th in home runs and eighth in RBI.
- Tommy Edman is slashing .269/.325/.408 this season for the Cardinals.
- Donovan has collected 99 hits this season and has an OBP of .390. He’s slugging .370 on the year.
Where To Watch Padres vs. Cardinals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.