Gleyber Torres leads the New York Yankees (90-58) into a matchup with the Boston Red Sox (72-76) a game after homering twice in a 14-2 victory over the Pirates. It begins at 7:15 PM ET on Thursday.
The Yankees are favored at home (-170) against the Red Sox (+145). The scheduled starters are Jameson Taillon (13-5) for the New York Yankees, and Michael Wacha (11-1) for the Boston Red Sox. The total for the game is 8.5 total runs.
Yankees vs. Red Sox Predictions
Yankees vs. Red Sox Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Yankees vs. Red Sox Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York was the moneyline favorite for seven of its last 10 games, and finished 6-1 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Yankees and their opponents combined to go over the run total seven times.
- New York is 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In four games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by bookmakers, Boston has a record of 1-3.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Red Sox and their opponents are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Boston has a record of 6-4-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Yankees vs. Red Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jameson Taillon
- The Yankees have gone 16-13-0 against the spread when Taillon starts.
- The Yankees have been the moneyline favorite in 23 of Taillon’s starts this season, and they went 17-6 in those matchups.
- Taillon’s team has a 21-8 record in his starts this season.
- Taillon has had 29 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and 15 of those outings hit the over.
Projected starter: Michael Wacha
- Wacha and his team have a record of 14-6-0 against the spread when he starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 6-3.
- Wacha’s team has won 15 of his 20 starts.
- Out of Wacha’s 20 starts with a total this season, eight have hit the over.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Aaron Judge has put up a team-high batting average of .317, and leads the Yankees in home runs (60) and runs batted in (128).
- Judge’s home runs rank first in MLB and he ranks first in RBI in MLB.
- Judge heads into this game on an 11-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is batting .500 with four doubles, five home runs, eight walks and 10 RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo has 20 doubles, a triple, 31 home runs and 55 walks while batting .226.
- Among all MLB hitters, Rizzo ranks 12th in home runs and 44th in RBI.
- Torres is hitting .252 with 25 doubles, a triple, 23 home runs and 35 walks.
- Torres has safely hit in 10 straight games. During his last 10 outings he is batting .400 with three doubles, four home runs, three walks and 14 RBI.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa is batting .267 with 20 doubles, three home runs and 31 walks.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers is batting .293 this season with a team-high 27 home runs and 84 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Devers’ home run total is 25th, and his RBI total is 24th.
- Devers has safely hit in six games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .341 with two doubles, two home runs, four walks and 11 RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts’ batting average of .317 leads all Boston hitters this season.
- Bogaerts ranks 111th among batters in the majors in home runs, and 56th in RBI.
- Alex Verdugo has 153 hits this season and a slash line of .280/.329/.397.
- Verdugo has safely hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .118 with three walks and two RBI.
- J.D. Martinez has collected 133 hits this season and has an OBP of .341. He’s slugging .431 on the year.
Where To Watch Yankees vs. Red Sox
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.