Nicky Lopez will look for his 100th hit (he has 98) when his Kansas City Royals (59-88) square off against the Minnesota Twins (73-75) at 8:10 PM ET on Wednesday.
The Twins are a favorite (-146) against the Royals (+124). The Twins will start Bailey Ober (1-2) versus the Royals and Daniel Lynch (4-11). The total for this game is 8.5.
Twins vs. Royals Predictions
Twins vs. Royals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Twins vs. Royals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Minnesota has a 3-1 record from the four games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Twins and their opponents combined to hit the over three times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Minnesota’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Kansas City has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Royals and their opponents are 5-4-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Kansas City is 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Twins vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Bailey Ober
- The Twins have a 6-2-0 record against the spread in Ober’s starts.
- The Twins were favored on the moneyline for three Ober starts this season — they won each time.
- Ober’s team has won five of his eight starts.
- Ober’s starts went over the run total four times in eight games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Daniel Lynch
- Lynch and his team have a record of 14-9-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team is 8-12 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Lynch’s team is 9-14 when he starts this season.
- Out of Lynch’s 23 starts with a total this season, 11 have hit the over.
Twins Batting Leaders
- Luis Arraez leads the Twins with a .314 batting average.
- In MLB action, Arraez ranks 208th in home runs and 144th in RBI.
- Carlos Correa has 20 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 57 walks while batting .288.
- Correa ranks 48th in home runs and 82nd in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Correa heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .409 with two walks and two RBI.
- Gio Urshela has 25 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 35 walks while hitting .273.
- Jose Miranda has been productive as he leads his team with 64 runs batted in.
- Miranda takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .174 with a double.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Bobby Witt Jr. is batting .250 with 75 RBI, both of which are best among Kansas City hitters this season.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Witt Jr.’s home run total is 57th, and his RBI total is 40th.
- Witt Jr. heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .273 with a double and three RBI.
- Salvador Perez’s 22 home runs are most among Kansas City batters. He’s driven in 72 runs this season while slugging .464.
- Perez ranks 43rd overall in home runs and 44th in RBI this year.
- Perez heads into this matchup on a six-game hitting streak. During his last 10 games he is batting .351 with a double, two home runs and six RBI.
- MJ Melendez has collected 90 base hits, an OBP of .318 and a slugging percentage of .401 this season.
- Hunter Dozier has 101 hits and an OBP of .292 to go with a slugging percentage of .380 this season.
Where To Watch Twins vs. Royals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.