Trea Turner rides a 17-game hitting streak into the Los Angeles Dodgers’ (103-45) game against the Arizona Diamondbacks (69-80) at 10:10 PM ET on Wednesday, at Dodger Stadium.
The Diamondbacks are a big underdog away from home (+244) versus the Dodgers (-302). The Los Angeles Dodgers will give the start to Dustin May (2-2, 3.81 ERA), who is looking for win No. 3 on the season, and the Diamondbacks will counter with Madison Bumgarner (6-15, 5.01 ERA). The over/under in the game is set at 8.5 total runs.
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Predictions
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Los Angeles was favored on the moneyline for 11 of its last 10 games, and went 9-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (11 had set totals), the Dodgers combined with their opponents to go over the total three times.
- Los Angeles’ ATS record is 7-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Arizona has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and won three of those contests.
- In their last 11 games with a total, the Diamondbacks and their opponents have failed to hit the over nine times.
- Arizona is 4-7-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Dustin May
- The Dodgers have a 2-3-0 record against the spread in May’s starts.
- The Dodgers are 2-3 in May’s five starts this season with Los Angeles as the moneyline favorite.
- May’s team has a 2-3 record in his starts this season.
- May’s starts hit the over on the run total two times in five games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Madison Bumgarner
- Bumgarner’s team is 12-17-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team has won 33.3% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (8-16).
- Bumgarner’s team has an 11-18 record in his starts this season.
- In games Bumgarner has started this season, the teams are 15-11-3 at hitting the over.
Dodgers Batting Leaders
- Freddie Freeman paces the Dodgers with a .327 batting average.
- Among hitters in MLB action, Freeman ranks 57th in home runs and 10th in RBI.
- Freeman enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with five walks and two RBI.
- Mookie Betts’ 34 home runs lead his team.
- Betts ranks ninth in homers and 35th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Turner has put up a team-best 97 runs batted in.
- Turner heads into this game on a 17-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .302 with three doubles, two triples, a home run, three walks and six RBI.
- Will Smith is hitting .260 with 25 doubles, a triple, 22 home runs and 56 walks.
- Smith heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .313 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
Diamondbacks Batting Leaders
- Christian Walker leads Arizona in home runs (35) and runs batted in (84) this season while batting .236.
- Walker is seventh in home runs and 23rd in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Daulton Varsho has 119 hits and an OBP of .310 to go with a slugging percentage of .463 this season.
- Varsho is 31st among hitters in the big leagues in homers, and 49th in RBI.
- Varsho enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with a double, a home run and two RBI.
- Ketel Marte has collected 114 base hits, an OBP of .325 and a slugging percentage of .414 this season.
- Marte heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .214 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Josh Rojas leads Arizona with a batting average of .263. He’s also hit eight home runs with 50 RBI.
Where To Watch Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.