Marcell Ozuna is only two hits away from his 100th of the campaign as his Atlanta Braves (93-55) prep for the Washington Nationals (51-97) on Wednesday at 12:20 PM ET.
The Nationals are road underdogs (+213) at the Braves (-261). The Atlanta Braves will give the start to Bryce Elder (1-3, 3.67 ERA), who is looking for win No. 2 on the season, and the Nationals will turn to Paolo Espino (0-7, 4.24 ERA). The over/under in the game is 8.5 total runs.
Braves vs. Nationals Predictions
Braves vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Braves vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Atlanta was the moneyline favorite in nine of its last 10 games, and went 5-4 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Braves and their opponents combined to go over the run total two times.
- Atlanta has gone 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Washington has a record of 2-8.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Nationals and their opponents are 3-6-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Washington has a record of 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Braves vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Bryce Elder
- The Braves are 3-3-0 ATS in Elder’s six starts with a set spread.
- The Braves have a 3-2 record in Elder’s five starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Elder’s team has won three of his six starts.
- Elder’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in two of six games.
Projected starter: Paolo Espino
- When Espino starts, his team is 9-7-0 against the spread this season.
- His team has been victorious in 38.5% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 5-8.
- Espino’s team is 6-10 when he starts this season.
- Games Espino has started this season hit the over eight times in 16 chances.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Austin Riley has a team-high 37 home runs and 92 runs batted in.
- Among hitters in MLB action, Riley ranks third in homers and 14th in RBI.
- Matt Olson has 42 doubles, 28 home runs and 68 walks while batting .236.
- Olson ranks 20th in homers and 16th in RBI among hitters in MLB.
- Olson heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .150 with a double.
- Dansby Swanson paces the Braves with a .280 batting average.
- Michael Harris II has 26 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 17 walks while hitting .306.
- Harris II takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Cesar Hernandez leads Washington with a .251 batting average.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Hernandez’s home run total is 406th, and his RBI total is 230th.
- Hernandez enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with two walks and two RBI.
- Lane Thomas’ batting average of .251 leads all Washington hitters this season.
- Thomas ranks 89th overall in homers and 133rd in RBI this season.
- Luke Voit leads the club in homers (21) and runs batted in (64) this season.
- Nelson Cruz is a key run producer for Washington with a .234 average, 10 homers and 64 RBI.
Where To Watch Braves vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.