The Philadelphia Phillies (80-67) take a five-game losing run into a home contest versus the Toronto Blue Jays (84-64), at 6:45 PM ET on Wednesday.
The Phillies are favored (-112) in an expected tight game against the Blue Jays (-107). The Phillies will give the ball to Zack Wheeler versus the Blue Jays and Kevin Gausman (12-10). The total for the game is 8 total runs.
Phillies vs. Blue Jays Predictions
Phillies vs. Blue Jays Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Phillies vs. Blue Jays Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Philadelphia was the moneyline favorite for six of its last 10 games, and finished 4-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Phillies combined with their opponents to go over the total five times.
- Philadelphia has a 5-5-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Toronto is not favored for the first time in a while, as it has not been the underdog in its last 10 games.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Blue Jays and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- Toronto is 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Phillies vs. Blue Jays Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Zack Wheeler
- Wheeler and his team were underdogs on the moneyline in every game he pitched a season ago.
Projected starter: Kevin Gausman
- Gausman and his team have a record of 9-18-0 against the spread when he starts.
- This will be his first game as the moneyline underdog this season.
- In games Gausman has started, his team is 16-12.
- Games Gausman has started this season hit the over 15 times in 27 chances.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Kyle Schwarber leads the Phillies with 40 home runs and 84 runs batted in.
- Schwarber ranks second in home runs and 23rd in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- J.T. Realmuto is hitting .275 with 24 doubles, five triples, 20 home runs and 41 walks.
- Realmuto currently ranks 56th in homers and 30th in RBI in the majors.
- Realmuto heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a double, two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Rhys Hoskins has 28 doubles, two triples, 28 home runs and 66 walks while batting .248.
- Alec Bohm’s .286 batting average leads his team.
- Bohm takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .200 with a home run, two walks and an RBI.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads Toronto with 29 home runs this season. He’s batting .280 with 85 RBI.
- Guerrero ranks 16th in home runs and 21st in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Guerrero brings a 13-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is hitting .326 with four doubles, two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Bo Bichette leads Toronto in runs batted in (89) this season. He’s batting .282 while slugging .474.
- Bichette is 38th overall in homers and 17th in RBI this season.
- Bichette brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a double, three walks and an RBI.
- George Springer has collected 122 base hits, an OBP of .341 and a slugging percentage of .457 this season.
- Springer enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .286 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and seven RBI.
- Alejandro Kirk leads Toronto with a .298 batting average. He’s also hit 13 homers and has 61 RBI.
- Kirk enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with three walks and four RBI.
Where To Watch Phillies vs. Blue Jays
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.