Aaron Judge rides a two-game homer streak into the New York Yankees’ (89-58) game against the Pittsburgh Pirates (55-93) at 7:05 PM ET on Wednesday, at Yankee Stadium.
The Pirates are a big underdog (+246 moneyline odds to win) when they visit the Yankees (-303). The starting pitchers are Luis Severino for the New York Yankees, and Roansy Contreras (5-4) for the Pittsburgh Pirates. The total in the game is set at 8 total runs.
Yankees vs. Pirates Predictions
Yankees vs. Pirates Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Yankees vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York played as the moneyline favorite in seven of its last 10 games, and went 5-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Yankees and their opponents combined to go over the run total seven times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- New York’s record against the spread is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Pittsburgh has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and won four of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Pirates and their opponents are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Pittsburgh is 7-3-0 against the spread.
Yankees vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Luis Severino
- Severino and his team were underdogs on the moneyline each time he pitched a season ago.
Projected starter: Roansy Contreras
- Contreras and his team have a record of 8-8-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 41.7% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 5-7.
- Contreras’ team has won seven of his 15 starts this season.
- Games Contreras has started this season hit the over five times in 16 chances.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Judge paces the Yankees with 60 home runs and 128 runs batted in, while putting up a team-high batting average of .316.
- Judge ranks first in homers and first in RBI among all hitters in MLB action.
- Judge brings a 10-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .500 with three doubles, five home runs, eight walks and 10 RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is batting .228 with 20 doubles, a triple, 31 home runs and 55 walks.
- Rizzo ranks 12th in home runs and 44th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Rizzo has safely hit in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .353 with a double, three home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Gleyber Torres has 25 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 34 walks while hitting .247.
- Torres brings a nine-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is batting .333 with three doubles, two home runs, three walks and nine RBI.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa is hitting .267 with 19 doubles, three home runs and 31 walks.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in batting average (.261), home runs (24) and runs batted in (56) this season.
- Reynolds’ home run total ranks 38th in the big leagues, and he is 98th in RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has collected 114 hits this season and has an OBP of .311. He’s slugging .347 on the year.
- Among all MLB hitters, Hayes is 229th in home runs and 202nd in RBI.
- Ben Gamel is slashing .231/.319/.367 this season for the Pirates.
- Michael Chavis has 92 hits and an OBP of .269 to go with a slugging percentage of .398 this season.
Where To Watch Yankees vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.