The Miami Marlins (61-88) and Chicago Cubs (63-85) play on Wednesday at 6:40 PM ET at loanDepot park, attempting to break a 1-1 series tie.
The Cubs are an underdog (+104 on the moneyline) when they visit the Marlins (-124). The Marlins will give the ball to Jesus Luzardo (3-7) against the Cubs and Marcus Stroman (4-7). The total for the game is set at 6.5 total runs.
Marlins vs. Cubs Predictions
Marlins vs. Cubs Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Marlins vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Miami was the moneyline favorite for seven of its last 10 games, and went 2-5 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Marlins combined with their opponents to go over the total four times.
- Miami’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in six of its past 10 games and won four of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cubs and their opponents have failed to hit the over eight times.
- Chicago has a record of 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Marlins vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jesús Luzardo
- The Marlins are 6-9-0 against the spread when Luzardo starts.
- The Marlins have been favored on the moneyline in six of Luzardo’s starts this season, and they went 1-5 in those matchups.
- Luzardo’s team has won three of his 15 starts.
- Luzardo has had 15 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in five of those matchups.
Projected starter: Marcus Stroman
- When Stroman starts, his team is 11-12-0 against the spread this season.
- His team is 5-12 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Stroman’s team has a 6-16 record in his starts this season.
- In games Stroman has started this season, the teams are 11-11-1 at hitting the over.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Miguel Rojas paces the Marlins with a team-best batting average of .240.
- Among hitters in MLB action, Rojas ranks 253rd in home runs and 230th in RBI.
- Rojas has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .353 with a walk and two RBI.
- Garrett Cooper has made the most of his opportunities as he paces his team with 49 runs batted in.
- Among all MLB hitters, Cooper ranks 189th in homers and 137th in RBI.
- Cooper has safely hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .250 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Jon Berti has 15 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 37 walks while batting .246.
- Berti has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .190 with a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Joey Wendle is batting .262 with 24 doubles, a triple, three home runs and 14 walks.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in runs batted in with 68 and has a batting average of .270.
- Happ is 78th in homers and 54th in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Nico Hoerner’s batting average of .291 leads all Chicago hitters this season.
- Hoerner ranks 189th overall in home runs and 137th in RBI this season.
- Hoerner takes a six-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is batting .314 with three doubles, two triples, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom leads Chicago in home runs with 22. He’s driven in 59 runs and is slugging .422.
- Christopher Morel has 82 hits and an OBP of .309 to go with a slugging percentage of .428 this season.
Where To Watch Marlins vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.